What to the What

Escape is impossible. It seems easy. Just grab the handle and walk through the door. Not for the disabled of mind or spirit or body. That isn't easy.

"Damion." A single voice says with a sneer, "Choose."

Ahh a choice. That's what they want. To choose the dead or awake the living. But what difference does it make? Dead or alive I'd always be a nuisance.

"I said Choose DA-"

"Calm yourself, trainee." I heard someone growl through the intercom. "Sometimes they take their sweet ol' time when in reality they all perish from mind or body."

"No way out, no way in. Am I right?" I shout, hoping they can hear me and my scratchy voice. I cough out "Blood is red and fighting is brutal but at least you aren't another poodle."

"What the actual...what is wrong with this guy?!?!" I hear the first guy hiss.

My hair has already been falling out of this wig, so why not give a shock? "Because I am not a guy, hellooooo." I shake the auburn hair wig off my head to reveal my sleek black hair.

Gasps come through the intercoms. I knew they were trying to collect the guys. Such a shame they let me slip through. "Females do not get choice dear." A solid voice says.

That's when everything shut down into black.