Prologue

It was a cold night. The wind seems to be scattered all around instead of going in a single direction. Darkness shrouded the entire city-it was filled with malicious intent.

I hear the sounds of vehicles speeding, without any intention of stopping. After that, various sounds came. Several shots were fired, all I could hear was the noise of guns.

Smoke quickly filled the entire street. As of now, guns are still being thoroughly fired. In here, it was chaos and madness. This street-no, this city is labeled as the battlefield. As to why, you can actually see what's happening right now.

The alarm systems of the cars were joining in. Then what quickly followed are bombs. It was total chaos out there. The bevy of men came and demanded outside, "We want justice! We want freedom!"

There was a riot happening in the midst of madness. The people here are crazy enough to initiate a riot while being in a state if war.

After several hours, the noise was quickly replaced. The mess that they did was enough to leave a scar on this woman-this tough, brave, and courageous woman.

The streetlights flickered continuously. The surroundings were polluted-enough to kill several people. It was one of a heck night, an unforgettable one.

Although it settled down, I could still feel the aura of loneliness and despair in her room, despite being inside. It gave me chills. It gave myself a scar.

"I was supposed to go on a meeting here." I looked at myself-a total mess. "What is happening here?"

I was baffled by the fact that in the middle of the night, a war strikes in and ruined her night. Crazy, was the world all she could thought of right now.

It took me a lot of time to bring my consciousness to a better state. I picked up myself and sat on the chair. The wooden chair, which was in fact not comfortable at all, was wet.

I looked up to the ceiling finding out that the it was broken and there were leakings. This must be an old abandoned room. Great, really great.

The lampshade was opened up, the lights hastily spread. There was a small hole in the wall. I could hear two mice talking to each other in a petite and non-understandable language.

Picking myself up, I headed to the bed and thoughts wandered in my mind. I do certainly need the time to sleep and think about what will happen tommorow.

If I don't get this partnership with them, my family is truly gonna kill me. They would go beyond and order someone to spy and assasinate me, not kidding.

I heard a large bang in the wall. I could see the huge bump it made, I guess there are still people fighting. I must stay strong in the end, I can only rely on myself. This world is filled with despair, loneliness, and desperation. I don't want to become weak again. Then, my thoughts started to change.

I was in a hotel room. The thought of being secured never came to me once, by that, I managed to stay sane. Sometimes, rumors are true. Actually, most of the time.

"I never thought that the rumors here were true." I said in disbelief. "Next time, I should probably listen to others."

The meeting that I was supposed to go is gonna take place in a different place, not here. I was actually lucky to book a place in this rather poor-quality hotel. I should probably give thanks since I got a nice and comfy room-not really.

I stood up and looked outside. I felt that thing were gradually getting lighter. The streets were finally human-free.

I took a box of cigarette in her pocket, and slowly lit the cigarette. The thought that lingered in my mind is truly depressing. I am alone, single, and sad. No one wants to be with me-even my family shames me.

A sudden flashback came to my mind. The image of a boy was created, I could see that we were both young when we first met. It was in a park, to be precise, we were sitting in a bench. The distance between us wasn't too close nor too far.

I could feel my heart thumping that time, it was delusional. This boy alone can raise my heart to this degree, I guess you can say that this is my first love. Although he was surrounded by a feisty and frosty aura, I still liked meeting up with him.

He was the only one-the only one who could make my beat fast. He was different from other guys. He never took a glance at the legs of different women, and only focused on one thing, that is, his grades and sport.

That man was all I could ever wanted. He was a varsity while a straight A student in our school. He was the talk of the school, indeed. Of course, every woman dreams of a man that is both strong and smart at the same time.

It was nearing spring when we both decided to go on a picnic. The horizon seemed to far away, just like my dream back then. My dream was to become a professional multi-millionare business woman. The first one, in the history of human kind, to become the richest woman ever.

I thought that money could buy everything. I even explained that to him, and of course he agreed. Money could make anyone go do things beyond their will. "To manipulate is to conquer.", that's what my father told me before he passed away.

I shoot a glance at him. I saw that he was staring at the sea, his eyes brimming with sadness. I don't know what to say that time, yet what I did truly shocked me. I hugged him. I did without thinking at all, I was so irrational that time.

"I'm leaving." Was all he said that time. He took his bike and went away. Teardrops were quickly strolling down my face. The piece of fabric was all wet. What was up with him that time? He just left me all alone, entirely feeling sad and curious-mostly sad.

That was the day when I, Janette, lost my motivation to love. That was the day when I lost hope in this world, the hope to love someone again. I never wanted to love again.

I didn't notice that there were tears already in my face. This is enough, I've had enough. I should probably ready myself and get some sleep. Tommorow is a new day for me-hoping it goes well.

αααααααααααααααααααααααααααα

Hello! It's me! Just kidding. I just want to tell you guys that please support my stories and read all of em.

Also, please give me suggestions as to how the story will develop in the near future. I really need a specifi path to go. It's always open for suggestions.. Ty.. :)))

Your amateur author,
SuperfluousReader