Chapter Seventeen|| Is this legal?

Start from the beginning

"Well need to get her to a doctor right away. I found her in a back room. Her heartbeat was and still is faint." He said and she went to fall but he quickly caught her and swooped her up in his arms.

"What was Mavericks plan? To say she went missing so he could what.... kill her?" I asked as Jackson was already heading towards the front door.

"I don't know, but we'll find out soon enough." He mumbled.

"Help me." She muttered before her eyes slowly closed.

"Go!" I shouted.

****

When we pulled up back at the house and I quickly helped Jackson with Isabella and we started for the stairs. A vehicle caught my eye as it held the royal pack's symbol. Who is here from Christian's pack?

When we entered Jackson's home a doctor was already waiting.

"Lay her on the couch." He instructed and Jackson did so.

"Ill need you all to give me the room." Mumbled the doctor as he got to work and we did so walking into the kitchen.

"I cannot believe Mav-" Jackson stopped mid sentence as a girl stood in his kitchen in a pant suit looking mighty professional.

"Jackson." She said with a curt nod.

"Cora? What are you doing back here?" He asked.

She looked to me.

"I came to see her." She stated and he glanced back at me curiously but my heart sped up.

"Why?" He asked hesitantly.

"Well... she is my sister, is she not?" She asked and my heart dropped.

"How do you know?" Jackson asked sternly.

"Christian told Scarlett. She freaked and hasn't talked to him in a week. She eventually told me. Im not here for greetings." She stated quickly.

"Then why are you here?"

"I know you're Christian's sister... Father will soon know she is still alive, and he will come for her." She said snatching her purse from the counter top and looked me up and down.

Why is she acting like I'm some... disgrace?

"He'll die before that happens." Jackson snapped.

"I just came to warn is all. I shall be on my way." She went to walk past me but I stepped in front of her.

"Why are you acting like I'm some piece of scum?" I asked as I felt my wolf rise.

"You're an abomination to the royal name. Do you know what will happen to my family if this gets out?" She snapped and I let out a low growl.

"Then your king is just as much as an abomination." I took a step forward to where we were face to face.

"You think I want to be apart of your name? I don't, and even though I don't... don't forget I was born before you. Im just as much as a royal than you are. I wouldn't test me." She noticeably gulped and I stepped to the side to let her leave.

What a nice person we have here.

She left quickly and I turned to face Jackson with a scowl.

"She usually isn't like that. I think she honestly just feels threatened." He defended and I rolled my eyes.

"Threatened how?"

"Think about it... you're apparently Christian's sister. She has always been the little sister in the picture. The princess of the wolves. She is next in line for the throne. If Christian decided to step down early and his children are not of age she will take over. If something happens to him, she will take over. Though now you're in the picture she is pushed aside and all those rules do not apply to her. Technically you're next for the line if any of that happens." My eyes widened and I finally realized how that could potentially make me a threat.

"But i'd never do that to her. I don't even want the title. I would want to stay here... with you." Jackson smiled walking over and cupped my face gently.

"I wouldn't let you go if you tried." He said and leaned forward placing small kiss on my forehead.

"What about Christian's father?" I asked.

"He won't get near you. While we're waiting for a report back from the doctor. Would you like something to eat?" he asked and I smiled nodding but still didn't feel at ease knowing some powerful man that killed his own mate is out to get me.

"What are you going to do with Maverick?" I asked hopping up onto one of the kitchen's counters as he got some things from the fridge to cook.

"If there is one thing my pack police is actually good at, it's following orders. He's locked up in the pack cells until I get Isabella's story. And right now it's not looking so good for him."

My question was... why was he wanting her to be classified as missing? It didn't make sense unless he wanted to kill her. What did she do to make him lock her up?

The bandages... the knife... what was all that for?

"Jackson... he was helping her."

"What?" He asked furrowing his eyebrows.

"The medical supplies. He doesn't want her dead. If he did he wouldn't have tried to doctor her wounds." He looked in thought for a moment.

"What is happening here? Why declare her missing when he knew where she already was?" I shrugged not knowing the answer myself.

"Unless... someone is making him." Jackson said meeting my eyes.

Both our eyes widened as it set in.

"Maverick's in danger." We both said dropping everything and both headed for one place.

The pack cells. 

_____________________________________

Another cliffhanger, wow I'm horrible. In a good way ;)

VOTE 

COMMENT 

SHARE