Chapter 40🔥 Confrontation & Love

Start from the beginning

"I didn't believe in myself. I didn't think that I could stand up against that monster and win. If we both die then I won't only fail you but the rest of the group. I didn't want to be the reason why the Venus couldn't do whatever she needs to do. Holding on to that mindset, I was able to do the hardest thing I've ever done in my life and that was to betray and leave my bestfriend behind." No matter how much Agnus tried to be composed, his quaky voice gave his emotions away.

He paused to give Rufus some time to react but when the demon remained quiet, he continued, "I left because I had to but I will never abandon you. I just needed to make sure that the Amulet is not compromised. I will come back for you and so I did. I knew there was no certainty that you would still be alive but I knew in my heart that if you perished then I shall perish with you." Agnus walked towards Rufus with tears in his eyes. He wanted so badly to make him understand, to make things back the way they were. He lifted his right hand and clasped Rufus' right shoulder as he stood directly behind him.

"Are you done now?" Rufus asked after a while.

"Yes," Agnus curtly replied. There was a hint of hurt and sadness in his voice.

"You better prepare yourself then. We'll be meeting Cassia in a few hours." Rufus said in monotone. He turned turned around shrugging Agnus' hand off and went towards the door without giving him a second glance.

Rufus heard his friend release another long sigh.

Fell bad about it a little bit longer Agnus. Just a little bit more. . . A smirk secretly painted his lips as he shut the door behind him.

〰〰〰〰➿➿➰➿➰➿➿〰〰〰〰

"Haddy, can we talk?" Pearl knocked softly on Hadraniel's chamber door.

"Come in," a familiar voice answered. A voice she would never forget. The sweet sound that always sets her heart beat wildly.

She clasped the metal ring and pulled it open in reluctance. Pearl was uncertain of what she really wanted to say to him, she was only sure of one thing〰she needed to see him and talk to him badly.

"I hope I'm not disturbing you," she said timidly pushing the door close with her hands behind her back. She remained on that position, relaxing her back against the door frame watching Hadraniel's every move.

"Like you're gonna stop if I said no," Hadraniel joked. He pulled himself up to sitting position and tapped the space beside him on the bed, "come in here, I was trying how soft this bed is. Come, let's try this together." He smiled at her and waved his hand beckoning for her to come.

Pearl's face flushed, it was an innocent invitation from his side but not on hers. It set her heart into full throttle, thumping harder than it already was like some wild horses ran amok inside it.

"What are you waiting for? Don't you want to come to bed with me?" Hadraniel called out to her one more time when she remained speechless and frozen to where she stood. "And oh, can you turn back to the real Pearl please?" He requested, his sister's face bothers him.

"You're. . . Still you," Pearl told him in a quiet voice, taking small steps one at a time towards him while she morphed into another beauty. A face that Hadraniel missed so much. Pearl was very cautious and scared that she might trip or worse her knees would buckle on her way to him because seeing his reactions to her original face only sent more fire in her longing heart.

Hadraniel was oblivious of the feelings that he stirs in her heart. She almost forgot that Angelicums never feel that way. It was one of the reasons that she never wanted to come back even if all her reasons were left with Hadraniel on that realm.