Prologue

A massive dog flew over the ocean, trying to find some dinner for his people. The moonlight barely visible behind the clouds.
     If I don't find food soon, I won't be able to live it down. Thanks to that half brother of mine. The dog demon thought to himself.
     A faint glow of the ocean pulled him out of his thoughts. He stopped over the water and looked it, confused.
     The bioluminescent phytoplankton are threatened by something. He sniffed the air, not scenting any fish or humans disrupting them. Out of curiosity, he went down to the water. Carefully floating above the surface of the water, he could see an outline of something in the water. Because of his dog vision, he had to shift back into his human skin. What he saw made his jaw drop. A unconscious beautiful naked woman laid in the plankton. The moon decided to grace him with its presence by shining across the ocean, revealing the woman more to him. He noticed her beautiful white hair gracefully space out behind her. He noticed the many markings all over her body. But what really drew his attention in was the gashes, multiple wounds and the big gaping hole in her chest.
     His eyes narrowed as he suddenly felt crestfallen. He never thought something this beautiful deserved the death she was given.
     If she were dead, the plankton wouldn't be acting this way. His beast warned him. She is not human.
     The man glanced at the woman again. To him, she appeared dead but nature said otherwise. He leaned in closer. When he reached out to touch her, an electrical wave went throughout his body. He gasped and jumped backwards, trying to get enough distance away from her and him. He looked down to his hand and found it scorched. He flicked his hands a couple of times, helping relieve some of the tingling sensation in his hand. When he looked back at the woman, he noticed a faint yellow glow around her.
     "She has placed a barrier around herself." He mumbled to himself, trying to figure out what to do about it. In order to save her, he needed to somehow disable the barrier. He brought some of his power up to the surface and went over to her sleeping form. He placed his hand closer to her once again. The barrier reacted to his power. It was fighting against his power, trying to protect its host. Sparks casted off everywhere while he continued to reach for her. The barrier fought hard against him until his power triumphed over it. The barrier cracked as it gave away and shattered into millions of pieces, resembling like little sparkles. "Now let's take you to my healer."
     He gently picked her up, her body feeling weightless even though she would be heavy from being unconscious. Sparks ran up his arm but he dismissed it. After he held her tightly against his chest, the plankton stopped glowing. Her skin was deathly cold. He let his body heat engulf her while he set out to his home island.
     As soon as he landed on the island, he quickly set off in search of the healer. He pushed passed his people who waited anxiously for his return. When he finally got to the head household, he ran down the many halls and went to the healers room. Without knocking, he walked right in and found the healer naked with a lover.
    "Your highness. Is there a reason you didn't knock?" The healer questioned him, still continuing what she was doing but her lover squirmed.
     "I'm in need of your assistance." The man stated, his face devoid of all emotion. But the healer caught onto his tone and sighed. She got off her lover, placed on her robe and walked over to the prince. "I need you to heal her." He presented woman to the healer.
     "My goodness," The healer's eyes went wide from fright. "What did you do to her?"
     "I didn't do it." The prince growled. "I found her floating in the ocean. If it weren't for the plankton, she would have died."
     "I'm surprised she ain't dead yet." The healer looked the woman over. "Bring her over here." The healer commanded while dismissing her lover, who happily obliged. "You owe me." She seethed when the door shut.
     "I'll repay you in full." The prince said without taking his eyes off the woman in front of him. The healer noticed this but didn't pry. The healer continued to do a look over before she placed her hands above the wounds. A faint glow came from her hands as she healed the woman in front of her. "Sakura? Will she be alright?"
     "Not sure." The healer started to frown when the wounds didn't heal as fast she would have like them too.
     All of a sudden the woman's eyes flew open, they resembled that of embers in a fire. The woman's eyes darted all around until it came focused onto Sakura and the prince. A chuckle escaped from the woman's mouth.
     "Well, well, well. Isn't this a surprise? Sakura, how have you been?" The woman spoke casually to Sakura. The prince furrowed his brows.
     "Do I know you?" Sakura narrowed her eyes at the woman.
     "Maybe not my heritor but you do know me." The woman smiled as a burst of energy came into the room, throwing Sakura and the prince back a bit. Soon the energy stopped, as if she wanted to prove a point. Sakura stared at the woman wide eyed.
     "Loki? Is that you?" Sakura blinked with shock written all over her face.
     "The one in the same." The woman laughed before turning her attention to the ceiling. "I am going to sleep soon. We've used up all we could to keep her alive this long," She sighed. "Well I leave things to you Sakura. Save my heritor." She pleaded to Sakura.
     "I will." Sakura promised. The woman faced the prince with a smile on her face.
     "It was good to see you mate. I'll see you again...once...I...wake." The woman said before drifting back into unconsciousness.
     "Loki! Loki!" Sakura screamed at the woman. She then looked down and saw that the wounds started to bleed like hell. Sakura frantically healed the woman with everything she could. "Damnit." She faced the prince. "Mark her."
     "What?" The prince said.
     "Mark her!" Sakura repeated, her voice shaken. "Otherwise she'll die."
     "But Sakura..."
     "Just do it!" Sakura screamed, tears tracing down her cheeks. The prince gave in and went over to the naked woman. He kneeled down next to her, and moved her hair to the side, revealing her neck. The prince looked once more at Sakura before leaning down and bit her neck.
                               ****
*Meanwhile*

     "Can't you do something?" A woman screamed at the doctor.
     "I'm sorry Rose but Roric is in a coma until the poison out of his system. Even when that is gone, he is still fighting Death's Touch." The doctor explained to Rose. "He will be out for five months." The doctor stated as he slammed his case shut and walked out of the room, leaving a crestfallen Rose in his wake.

*Well that was the prologue to Faithful. What did you guys think? Well, Aiyana put Roric into coma and extended her time. What do you guys think will happen to Aiyana now that she is marked by another? And who is this mysterious prince?
We'll find out next time in Faithful.

Don't forget to:

Comment

Share

Vote

CA*