Chapter Eight: Rise up

Începe de la început

"You're questioning their loyalty?" Skylar asked, how did that make her feel? Well what if they started to question her or Clary..or Luke even? This wasn't something she wanted nor needed from them, she has done nothing but help them capture Valentine.

"Valentine is back. The Circle is rising, they're under suspicion." Alec said, he stopped and turned around to face them all.

"Robert and Maryse took me in. They raised me as one of their own. I know what kind of people they are." said Jace, this was difficult to believe every word that was leaving Alec's lips.

"Are you sure? They lied to us. Well, they're the ones who tarnished it. They're hypocrites." Alec said but fell silent when Lydia Branwell walked over, looking at Jace then at Skylar.

 "You must be Jace Wayland and you must be Skylnn Morgenstern. I'm Lydia Branwell. Jace, you're quite the legend back in Idris." Lydia said, she held out her hand for either of them to shake but Skylar and Jace both exchanged looks, then looked down at the hand. "Don't believe everything you hear." Jace mumbled, clearly very very upset at what he had recently learned.

"Did you tell them?" Lydia asked, she stood beside Alec and looked up at him before looking at the three, all looked seriously confused.

"Tell us what?" Isabelle asked

"Lydia and I are engaged. We're getting married." Alec broke the news, Skye's eyes widened slightly and shook her head. What.The.Hell.Happened.With.Magnus. Yes that was the only thing going through her mind as we currently move on from this news. The blonde turned around and left without saying a word, she must have been in the wrong world here.

"You were supposed to tell them "no." It's your life to ruin." Isabelle said in a cold tone with a disappointing look in her brown eyes, she wished that her older brother would have listened to what she said instead of doing something completely insane. 

"Not sure what to say." Jace said honestly, with a shrug as Alec stared at him,  hoping that there was something else to say then just that. He shook his head, before speaking.

"How about, "None of this matters"? We have to stop Valentine." Alexander suggested, Jace gave him a look.

Finally, something we agree on." Jace Wayland said, he turned around...walking away from the two. How did he feel about this? He didn't like it other, and the fact that he had no knowledge about this was even worse for him. They were parabatai, brothers and family but recently they have a strained relationship.

~

Skylar had left the Institute, she did not want to be around Lydia and she was having trouble understanding why Alec made a choice of marrying someone he did not love. She could never go through that nor would she plan to ever! She had approached, where Simon, Clary and Luke were. Clary and Simon spoke to one another, and it was good to see them together, and getting along as well especially everything that had happened before. "How are you doing, Skye?" Luke asked, with a raised eyebrow at her. She nodded slowly and smiled faintly.

"Alright, I guess. I learned that my parabatai's brother is going to marry someone who may ruin their family. Oh, also he isn't really being himself. And the guy I liked and kiss, hasn't said much about what happened between us at all."

"Oh...uh I never imagined we would be at this point..where you want to speak to me about boys." Luke said honestly, rubbing the back of his neck before clearing his throat. "Just wait till everything dials down, alright?" He nudged her gently in a fatherly way and smiled down at her, she nodded slowly before feeling her phone vibrating. She pulled it out from her back pocket and seeing it was Jace, she glanced at Clary who was drawing a rune on herself.