Chapter: 15 - "That meant nothing."

Songs for the Chapter are:

Don't Speak- No Doubt

Creatures- Shannon Saunders

Summertime Sadness- Lana Del Rey

Liam's P.O.V:

Ten minutes had past and Jasmine still wasn't back. My parents were getting worried.

"I think it might've been the salmon. . ." I chuckled nervously. "I'll go see if she's okay."

I raised awkwardly from my seat and rushed out to the front door after grabbing the ripped piece of paper and shoving it in my pocket. When I exited the door I looked both ways, searching for Jasmine. I walked to my right to look around the corner, she wasn't there. I rushed to the other corner

I knew what I did was wrong but what she did was worse. She lied to me. She said she was done with Harry and then I saw her kissing him. Going on dates with him. Even though I sucked it up in front of her face didn't mean I'm wasn't hurt. Sometimes I would just cry to myself thinking how could I have possibly lost her.

I loved her. I really did. Well I still loved her but I didn't think she was the type of girl to hurt me in such a way. And I knew that we broke up. But I thought. . . I don't know what I thought. Maybe that it wasn't really a break up, just a break 'till we actually figure things out. I didn't think she actually broke up with me after she said she loved me.

I turned the corner and saw her back pushed up against the brick wall her legs were crossed nonchalantly. Her cheeks had tear stains. She bought up her left hand, still not conscious of me being there and held a cigarette, almost burned out, and pushed it between her lips, inhaled the grey smoke.

"Jasmine," I said bleakly. She turned her head quickly and dropped the cigarette, crushing it with the sole of her high heels. "You. . . Smoke?" 

She blew the smoke out the side of her mouth.

"Fuck off, Liam" She spat. 

I was utterly surprised and not expecting what I had seen. "What the hell?"

"I'm gonna tell you something, something I should've said a while ago." She pushed herself off the wall and walked close to me. "I'm tired, Liam. You wanna know what I'm tired of? Your bullshit. I'm really fucking tired. I've tried. I've tried so hard to get back with you, to work things out but you couldn't see that through your thick skull. All you've done is act like a god-damn child. A fucking five year old. Ignoring me, slamming doors in my face, ripping up my fucking letters!"

She put her hands on my chest and shoved me back. It was so unexpected, I almost tripped and fell. I looked up at her wildly. There were tears streaming down her face and her teeth were clamped shut. She was breathing heavily and I saw her dainty hands shaking. I'd never seen her so angry before.

"Why? Why did I have to fall in love with you? You're such an. . . a. . . asshole! You're a jerk. You won't even let me explain myself. You know what? You're the reason why we broke up in the first place. What does every relationship need?" I knew the answer but I refused to respond. "What does every relationship need, Liam?" I said nothing. "Answer me!" She gritted, shoving me again. 

"Trust." 

She stepped so close to me that our stomachs were touching. She looked up to me. "What? Say it again, I didn't hear you."

"Trust." I said, looking directly into her eyes.

"That's it, that's the word. Trust. Something that we didn't have. Why couldn't you trust me? I don't understand. I trusted you with my life. But you didn't trust me at all. You still don't. Why can't you see that I love you and only you? Harry is nothing to me. Maybe you would realize that if you listened to me."