Chapter: 8 - "Resentment and Contentment."

Songs For the Chapter: (In External Link)

Skinny Love- Birdy

Explosions- Ellie Goulding

Homesick- Sleeping At Last

Hourglass- Sleeping At Last

Jasmine's P.O.V:

*Flashback*

"Are you sure you're ready?" My therapist asked after she started the engine. Her face was deeply concerned.

No.

"Yeah." I replied dryly. I was definitely not ready.

Who's ever 'ready' to see their abandoning mother who murdered their father in prison?

"Okay. Jasmine, I just want you to know that this is a big step in your recovery and if during anytime you want to turn back we'll turn back."

I nodded nonchalantly, buckling my seat belt. She pulled out of the lot and onto the street as I closed my eyes and tried to relax.

My therapist and I have been many places from my past. She told me it was good to 'face my past' and to 'try to move on from the events'. The beach when I had my first kiss, the first place Liam hit me, and my old home were all the places I went with her.

 She always has the right things to say but when I explained that Liam was bullying me she wanted to tell Karen but I begged her not to. She asked me why and I said,

"Because he promised."

On our way to the prison my mind kept recollecting November. That was when I realized all those occurrences happened so quickly. One week was all it took to turn my whole world upside down. It sounds ridiculous, like a exaggerated reality show. 

Before I knew It, I was sound asleep, dreaming about my past.

*

I passed through security check after they handed me a book of rules I had to follow while visiting her. My stomach churned in agony. I didn't know how to act, feel, what to say. I wanted to be angry at her for all the years she left me, then I wanted to hug and hold her because she's all I have left.

I love her with all my heart but hate her with my brain.

I sat down at my designated seat infront of the glass wall. A telephone was on the right of the cubicule wall and the metal desk with silver and cold.

There she was.

Hands held together by cuffs, her long brown locks were now cut just above her shoulders. Her eyes were filled with anguish, no elation. 

Until she looked at me. 

Her eyes widened. As soon as they uncuffed her she sat on the chair and grabbed the phone. I followed her movements and held the phone to my ear.

"Jasmine." She spoke softly. "What are you doing here?"

"I-I came to see you. . ." I bit the inside of my cheek. "to get answers." I couldn't look at her. Its was so hard to. How could I look at the woman who left me?

"Oh Jasmine," She breathed, "I don't know what to say." 

"I do." All this anger grew inside of me like a forest fire. I finally looked into her eyes and my tone raised, "Where were you?" She gulped as I sighed, trying to control my rage. 

Resentment. A lot of resentment.

"Where were you?! All those years- I needed you. But you left me. What did I do so wrong for you to disown me? I had to do everything on my own, everything by myself. . . And then you kill him!" By now tears were burning out my eyes while I shuddered, "You're a murderer."