36

*Boyeon's Pov*

...

...

...

"Hello?"

"Boyeon!" Daniel's mother happily exclaimed my name.

"Mother in law?"

Why is my mother in law calling me today?

Usually she doesn't call because she knows I'm busy with work.

Wait, didn't I just sound kind of rude to her right there?

"I mean, mother in law! How are you?" I asked.

"You see, I've just been feeling so lonely since Daniel hasn't been visiting me lately. Won't you be a dear and visit this poor little old woman tomorrow?" my mother in law asked.

"Tomorrow..?"

Tomorrow...is supposed to be the day where I finally talk to Solhyun and get things straight with her.

"I'm suppose to meet a friend tomorrow....."

"Really? Oh goodness, I'm so sorry. You can just forget about what I said early."

"No! It's fine! I mean, I don't really know if I can make it...but I will try." I confessed.

"Are you sure? I feel bad for making you do such a thing because of me."

"It's fine, really, Mother in law. I'm fine, you mean very much to me after all." I said.

Daniel's mother was the only one who fully approves and supported of Daniel and my relationship while my parents on the other handed disliked Daniel very much.

They think that Daniel has influenced me badly and I shouldn't be going out with such a guy, but only Miss Kang understands.

"Oh thank you my dear, but look at the time, it's already two in the morning. You should get some sleep Boyeon."

"Yes mother in law, same to you. It's already pretty late, go get some sleep so I won't be so worry alright? Good night." I hummed and then hung up on her.

Since I had Solhyun's contact which she secretly put in my pockets before I left work, I texted her that I couldn't make tomorrow and maybe another day.

Heading to sleep, I wonder why my mother in law wants me to meet her tomorrow though, I know that she's hiding something from me.

**

It was a bright and sunny day, a perfect day to visit mother in law.

Walking down the sidewalks of Busan near where my mother in law was, I was carrying a beautiful dress as a present for her in a bag.

Humming a song I was startled when I saw Daniel dressed in a suit.

"Daniel...?" I said the guy's name when we nearly there at the destination where Daniel's mother was.

Daniel held pink flowers in his hands had a bodyguard standing next to him, they seemed pretty suspicious of me.

I looked over behind them and found cameramen.

They must be filming Wanna One Go.

"Oh? Miss Ji Boyeon? The famous female chef in Seoul Complex...?!" the bodyguard asked.

"Y-Yep...that's me..." I muttered.

"Isn't she friends with Daniel?" the cameraman whispered to a friend.

"Yeah, I heard they use to go to the same high school."

"Um so...what are you guys doing here?" I asked.

"Oh! We're just filming Wanna One Go!" Daniel smiled.

"W-Wanna One Go? I-I see...well...I should get going." I replied.

"No!" Daniel grabbed me by arm. "I-I m-mean, oh no, why not go on the show with us? Since you're a chef, you don't go on variety shows to promote yourself, don't you? So why not stay with us for a bit." Daniel suggested.

"I-It's fine. I'm a chef...it's my job after all." I replied and removed my arm from his.

"I should get going now. My parents are probably waiting for me." I made up something.

"You came to visit your parents I see..." Daniel muttered.

"I'm going now." I replied.

Turning away and taking a step forward, Daniel called my name.

"Boyeon!" Daniel called.

I turned around and stared at him.

"I'll...see you next time." he smiled.

"Yeah. Next time." I took my leave.

Mnet would no doubt about it, edit off Daniel and my meeting to get rid of scandals.

That's just how it's suppose to be.

Hiding behind a bush, I took one last glance over at Daniel and his mother.

"I'm glad that mother in law got to meet Daniel."

I felt relieved.

Holding the present that I bought for mother in law tightly in my arms, I walked to the train station for home.

I don't have a need to stay here any longer if her son is here.

*Daniel's Pov*

Boyeon left didn't she?

I wish I could've talked to her a bit more.

What am I saying? I'm going to meet my mom today...I should be happy!

When I met up with my mother, I was happy.

Everything we did together was fun.

Really fun.

But something felt just a tiny bit off.

After a while, the staff took a little break so they could change the batteries of one of the cameras, my mother checked the time and let out a sigh.

"What's wrong?"

"Oh, I actually asked Boyeon to come join us on our date today since back in the past, the three of us would always go on dates together. It just kind of felt so wrong to not invite her." mother claimed.

Ah...so that's the real reason why Boyeon was here today...that means that present in her arms was actually meant for mom.

I let out a sigh as well.

Ah, I'm so dumb for not realizing her feelings earlier.