Chapter 13

Maddie's POV

The boys wouldn't be back for a little bit, so Lauren and I decided to go swimming. My dad had to stay and video their reactions to the new bands, help separate the recordings into three different episodes, etc.

I wore a sky blue swim tankini top with neon green short swim shorts. I lent Lauren my extra tankini since she didn't bring hers, and soon we were laying on rafts in the pool that was nicely empty.

"That video clip of Reverb in the pool was funny," Lauren said.

I giggled. "That was. Brady's hilarious. Literally how I met him was he came up to me and tell me that I looked lonely and that he liked pizza snacks."

She laughed. "He seemed really outgoing when I talked to him for a minute."

"Yup that's me," a voice said, and we looked up to see Brady, Miles, Mikey, Jay, and Drew standing over the pool. In their swim trunks.

Guess they got back sooner than we thought they would.

Lauren and I both jumped, startled. Lauren actually fell off the raft, and I burst out laughing and so did some of the guys. She slowly surfaced, looking embarrassed. She glared at Brady.

He smiled sheepishly. "Sorry Lauren." Suddenly, Drew shoved him in. We all laughed, then Michael shoved him in. Then Jay shoved him in, and the rest just jumped in.

We all laughed, splashing each other playfully and grabbing the water guns floating around the pool and soon we were in a full out water war.

After several minutes of chaos we called truce and just relaxed for a little bit. Lauren and Drew sat in chairs by the poolside talking. Brady, Jay and Miles were in the hot tub. I laid back on a raft and Mikey laid on the other one. Then Michael started slowly coming over.

"Flip me over and die, Conor Michael Smith," I said glaring at him.

"You don't scare me, Madeline... I don't know your middle name Thomas."

I made a face. "Don't call me Madeline."

"Don't call me Conor."

We locked eyes for a minute, then started laughing.

I decided to sit up so I could talk to him better, but as I started sitting up I fell off.

I resurfaced and Michael was laughing hysterically.

"I hate you."

He grinned.

"Sure you do."

I rolled my eyes. "So what's your group this week?"

"I'm not supposed to tell you," He said.

I frowned.

He laughed. "You think I'm gonna listen to them? Of course I'll tell you. Its me, Mikey, Drew, Sergio, and Chance. We're singing Despacito."

My eyes widened. "That's an awesome group. And I love that song! Even though I kinda just say burrito like the whole time cause I don't know the actual words," I blurted.

He grinned. "Same. But now I'm gonna have to learn the whole song."

Michael's POV

Should I be talking to a girl in a swimming pool when I have a girlfriend?

Probably not.

"Did you take Spanish in school?" Maddie asked me.

She looked pretty, though in a swim suit and in soaking wet hair.

Oops, I didn't answer her question.

"Yeah, but school wasn't exactly my thing," I said, grinning sheepishly. "The only word I remember, is like, ihola. And adios."

She laughed then said, "I didn't have the best Spanish teacher so basically same here. "

I smiled. "So what grade did you just finish? Jay said your last day was Friday."

"Junior year. Not the best year, I'm definitely glad it's over."

I grimaced. "Sorry. Yeah, junior year is hard, that's the one I just finished... I had to do part of it online cause of Boy Band, and it was still pretty tough."

She nodded. "It wasn't just the academics, but also... my best friend died in a car wreck during Christmas break. So second semester was really hard for me," she said, looking away and running her fingers through her hair.

"I'm so sorry. I can't imagine."

She smiled a sad smile. "Thanks."

We stood across from each other in awkward silence.

"My middle name's Coral, by the way."

"Ayyyy, MC and MC!" Mikey said, suddenly floating over on his raft.

I looked over at Maddie and grinned. "That's cool."

She smiled. "Yeah, it is."

/

/

Hiiiii I need to rant.

IRL LEFT MY STATE THIS MORNING AND I NEVER GOT TO SEE THEM THE ENTIRE WEEK AND A HALF THEY WERE HERE CAUSE I LIVE TWO HOURS FROM ORLANDO AND I'M OFFICIALLY DEPRESSED.

Ok rant over.

200 READS WHAT THE HECK LAST NIGHT IT WAS 100 I AM ASTONISHED THANK YOU ALL

Please please don't be a silent reader. I really want some feedback! Please keep commenting and voting, it'd mean so much!! <3