Chapter 30

Maddie's POV 

"You excited for tonight?" I asked Lauren, elbowing her playfully as we headed to the lobby. We were headed to the studio to watch Topline's first rehearsal.

She grinned. "Yeah. He's taking me on a picnic at the beach, and we're gonna watch the sunset."

"That's sooo cute!" I said, grabbing her arm and jumping up and down in the elevator.Then I stopped quickly and gasped in pain cause I forgot my knee was sprained for a second.

She laughed. "I know! And he's so excited about it too. It's adorable."

Still giggling, we headed into the lobby to find Brady looking at Devin's phone and jumping up and down. Some of the other guys who didn't have rehearsals were scattered around the lobby, having breakfast or on their phones.

Lauren and I laughed. "What's up?" I asked, peering at Devin's phone. It was a picture of a teenage girl. She looked about fifteen, with mid length brown hair. She also had glasses. It was a picture of her in a soccer uniform.

"Who's this?"

"My cousin Rayanna. She's Brady's age and she's visiting next week-I'm totally gonna set them up," Devin said.

"Aw, that's cute! She's pretty, you guys would look cute together," Lauren said. 

I nodded. "Definitely." 

"I should set you up with my cousin Ally. She's coming on Thursday for the live show," Brady said.  

"Ooooh, show me a picture!" Devin said eagerly. 

Leaving the two of them to their matchmaking, I walked over to Michael who'd just walked in. 

"Hi," I said, smiling.

He smiled. "Hey. Still wearing my hoodie I see," he said, looking me over.

I giggled. I was wearing it with faded ripped jeans. And the giant knee brace.

"Sorry. Do you want it back?"

He shook his head. "You can keep it for now. It looks cute on you."

I blushed. "Thanks." 

He slipped his hand in mine and we walked/limped over to join Chance, Mikey Drew, and Lauren.

Drew's arm was around Lauren's shoulder and he was talking about their date tonight.

"I can't wait to take you on our first date," Michael whispered to me.

I smiled. "And where would we go?"

He smiled at me and squeezed my hand.

"You'll find out at some point."

"No fairrrr," I whined.

He kissed my forehead. "You'll love it, I promise."

"Guys, enough PDA! Let's go!" Chance yelled from the door exiting the lobby.

We looked around and realized all of Topline and their moms and Lauren had all headed to teh van.

"Oops," I said, laughing and Michael laughed too.

I groaned. "The door is soooo farrrrr," I whined.

He laughed and crouched down. "Hop on my back."

I grinned. "Really?" 

"Yes! Let's go."

I giggled and got on, and he carried me to the van.

Mikey's POV

I sighed as I watched Michael carry Maddie to the van.

I'd told Michael the first day that I met Maddie that I liked her.

And what did he do???

He moved right in on her.

I glared at the back of his head in the van.

Maybe Maddie would come to her senses. 

She seemed to like me a little bit, when she'd sat with me in the van and she always talked to me and smiled at me.

Yes, I'm sure she likes me.

She just needs to realize that.

Michael's POV

I glanced back and saw Mikey glaring at Maddie and I.

I'd sort of kind of forgotten that he liked her....

No wonder he'd been acting weird last night when I asked her out.

How had I forgotten?

He'd told me the first day everyone met her.

But I was so focused on trying to tell myself that I didn't like her and only liked Juliet and then had to break up with Juliet I'd totally forgotten.

I sighed. Oh well. We were in the same group this week, so we had to coexist. I'd probably have to apologize too.

I put headphones in and listened to Despacito.

Learning the spanish was SO HARD. And I sounded so white. But I think I had it down. And I was super pumped for the rap.

But I was nervous for the choreography. 

And that Maddie would be watching. 

And my mom. And the other moms.

It was a provocative song, and so I knew the choreography would kind of be as well.

Maddie reached over and squeezed my hand. "You're gonna do great."

I laughed. "Are you a mind-reader?"

She grinned. "I can just tell you're nervous. Don't be. You're gonna kill it."

"I hope so."

/

/

Here ya go, @Rsipley  and @Irwinner15!! 

Hoping to get up a lot of chapters this weekend :)