Chapter 1

Yes I do realize Boy Band was months ago but I've been wanting to write one for awhile and I randomly got inspired so please just bear with me 😂😂🙈

Maddie's POV
Welp. Here I was. Sitting in a tv studio audience (that was cleared out) about to watch a recording of a new show called Boy Band. 

My dad was one of the main video camera dudes, and after lots of begging and pleading, he agreed to let me come watch the recording of episode 1. I'd tried to get him to let me come to the dress rehearsals, but he wouldn't. 

So now I was sitting in a chair in the back middle of a studio in a dark and empty auditorium, while producers yelled instructions. The host, Rita Ora had just come out and introduced the first boy.  A video about him came across the screen, but I was too busy looking at my phone.

CHANCE, YOU'RE UP. A voice yelled.

Out walked a boy with black hair and brown eyes. Wow. Talk about eye candy.  He smiled a perfect smile, and Emma Bunton fanned herself. 

The music started, it was "Somebody to Love" by Queen  and he killed it. With more vocal training, I knew he'd be amazing. The architects, or whatever they're called, gave him feedback (aka Emma fangirling and taking a selfie with him), then he exited the stage. 

Some more auditions went, some good, some not so much, then they called for a break and rearranged some cameras. 

My dad walked over to me. "Hey. What do you think?" He asked. 

I shrugged. "Some of them are pretty good. Others... need some help" I said, giggling. 

My dad laughed. "Like that one guy who sang an Alicia Keys song and his voice majorly cracked?"

 I snickered. "Yes!!" I said, laughing. 

He grinned. "Peter!! Over here!!" A guy yelled. 

My dad sighed. "Better go. Talk to you later," my dad said, and hurried across the studio.

 "Well hi there," a voice said, and I jumped. A boy with blonde hair and greenish eyes walked over and stood in the row in front of me, facing me.

 "I didn't know there were any girls here beside the producers," he said with a laugh. 

I laughed. "Yeah, I was kind of hiding, I'm probably not even supposed to be here. I'm Madeline, my dad is one of the main camera guys" I said. 

He smiled. "Oh cool! I'm Jay," he said, and shook my hand and sat down in the chair, leaning over the back to talk to me. 

"So.. where are you from?" I asked. 

"Vegas. I'm a beatboxer, but I'm hoping to grow more as a singer in this competition, cause I wouldn't make it into the band just as a beatboxer." 

I nodded. "Right. But that's so cool! Can you do something for me?" I asked. 

He shook his head and grinned. 

"Nah. My auditions next. You'll see" he said.

 I sighed, but I grinned. "Okay." 

"J HYPE YOURE NEXT. J HYPE GET READY" a voice yelled. 

"That's me. It was nice meeting you," Jay said, and away he went. I smiled. If all the guys were that cool, I looked forward to meeting the rest of them.

Jay auditioned and it was amazing. His vocals needed help, but I knew he would get training and get better if he made it in the top 18. I listened as the architects gave feedback.

 "Can I just ask how old you are?" Emma asked.

 "Fourteen," jay said. My jaw dropped, and so did all the architects. Fourteen?!?! No way. I was 17, and the kid seemed my age if not older.

 "And you're voice is that deep? Imagine when you turn 16!!" Timbaland said.

 I laughed, along with everyone else. Timbaland was my favorite so far. He was the only architect that made any actual sense. 

Jay left the stage and next was the audition of a guy named Cameron Armstrong. Something about him screamed "cocky." 

And he proved me right when he took off his jacket and showed off his "guns". 

Something about him scared me and I shuddered. 

 Next was a boy named Marcus, and he sang "My Girl", a song my dad used to sing to me all the time when I was little, so the audition made me smile.

 I could tell he was nervous, but he did good and had great stage presence. Something in me longed to meet the rest of them. If all of them were as cool as Jay, I couldn't wait to meet everyone else.

 "You're not dating ANY of them," my dad had scolded me teasingly, and I smiled at the memory. While there were some cute ones, I hadn't seen any "date worthy" yet. Until out walked the next guy...

/

/

Ta-da!!! Please comment feedback 🙈🙈 or ideas for a title cause it sucks.