Chapter 11

Maddie's POV

Rita had just come out and greeted everyone, introduced the groups and the architects, and announced that we'd be watching rehearsal footage from Uplift and then they'd perform.

The video clip started and the boys were in a room with Tim, the vocal coach. Jay had described him as "scary, but really cool and a great vocal coach."

The video clipped ended.

"Tim seems scary," Lauren whispered to me.

I laughed. "They definitely made him look like he was. Jay said he's really cool though, so we'll see."

Rita came out and called for a commercial break, so we had about three minutes.

"You wanna meet the boys or wait til we have more time?" I asked Lauren.

"Wait til we have more time. Plus all those girls are all over them," she said, guesturing to a mob of girl by the dug out and taking selfies with some of the boys and gushing over them.

I nodded. "True. I think I'm gonna go talk to Jay real fast, are you sure you don't wanna come?"

She nodded. "Go ahead. Aunt Tab said we have like a fifteen minute break before we film the second episode, so I'll meet them then."

I nodded. "Alright. I'll be right back," I said. I pushed my way through the crazed mob and got to the edge of the dugout. Jay was sitting in his chair, looking nervous.

"Jay!" I called. He looked up, then came over.

"Hey. Don't be nervous. You're gonna kill it!" I said, encouragingly.

He smiled. "Thanks Maddie. I hope so. I'm just really scared about elimination. Nick told me I needed to work on my vocals."

I rolled my eyes. "He can't sing either, so ignore him. You're beatboxing is amazing, and your vocals have improved and soon they'll be amazing too. Don't let him get in your head."

He laughed. "Thank you. I needed that.

"ONE MINUTE" Joel yelled.

"I'd better get back to my seat. Oh by the way, I made a new friend. She's Taabitha's niece, and she's really cool."

He nodded. "Dope. You'll have to introduce me," he said.

I nodded. "Planning on it later. Good luck!" Then I ran back to my seat.

Rita came back out and said now we were going to watch a clip from band rehearsals and the choreography rehearsals and then they'd perform.

I made a face when Cameron messed up the song and they had to start over. Adam Blackstone scolded him and told him he needed to calm down.

"You tell him Adam," I muttered, and Lauren laughed.

"You were right. He already seems annoying."

I grinned at her. "I think we're gonna get along just fine."

Soon it was time for the performance.

We all stood, cheering.

They were singing "That's What I Like" by Bruno Mars.

Jay started off the sing with his beatboxing, and I screamed "GO JAY!!!!"

I danced and sang along with the rest of the crowd. I grinned when I looked over at the dugout and all the boys were dancing too.

Even the architects were.

The performance ended, and the crowd went crazy.

I smiled, proud of the guys. Their hard work had paid off. The performance had been amazing.