Chapter 1

Two months ago, everything was normal. Two months ago, I didn't go to search parties almost every day. Two months ago, I saw Joudy Smith for the last time in school. I went home, ate my dinner, did my homework then sat down to watch TV with Mom. Everything was normal until the bell rang,

"I will get it," I told Mom. I thought it was Dany, my best friend. She usually comes over if she has free time.

But it wasn't, it was Joudy's Mom. I smiled, "good evening, Mrs Smith," then I noticed that she looked very troubled, "is everything alright?"

"Did Joudy come over?"

"No, I haven't seen her since I met her in school"

I became worried by her expression so I asked, "Is something wrong?"

"She hasn't come home, yet. That's not like her"

"Have you tried to call her or one of her friends?"

"Of course, but there is no answer from her and her friends haven't seen her today after school"

I became worried but gave her a small smile, "I am sure that she will be back soon"

"I hope so," then she left.

It was weird. Where could she be? It's not like she has somewhere to go to. We live in a small town where we all know each other.

Although Dany always had the dream to leave our town one day, I love it so much and I don't dream of leaving it.

I gave it an hour of my time or something then the TV distracted me.

Next day, Jody didn't come to school, "maybe yesterday she came home late and she is sleeping now," Dany said.

"I hope so"

But that wasn't it. Joudy didn't come home that day or the day after it or the day after that.

From that day, we started searching, all town searched for Joudy Smith but with no use. She was gone.

As the days gone by, the search parties decreased until there were none. People started losing hope or interest until there was none except for one person, her mother.

The poor woman kept searching for her every day on her own.

Things returned semi-normal. Mothers kept fussing but it didn't stop the disappearance of Mickey Scott.

It was a normal day at school, a normal day at home until midnight when the shouting began.

"MICKEY, MICKEY"

Mom and I were sleeping on the couch with the TV on of course when the screams woke us up.

We ran out of the house to find Mickey's mom on the floor.

"What's going on?" Mother asked.

"It's Mickey," one of her friends said, "We can't find her"

A meeting for the elders was held where a very important decision was made.

The search for the girls won't stop until we either find them or die searching.

That shows how we ended up here searching for two lost girls. We were searching normally, Dany and I when it started raining. The search was called off. We ran to my home, as it was closer. It was about 4:30 by then.

"I still don't get why we are searching for them until now," Dany complained.

"We won't find them that's for sure, especially that the police have been investigating that case and couldn't find a lead," I said, "but people still have hope or they are scared to admit that two girls just disappeared like that"