Twenty Six

It had been a little while since Demi started school again and Joe found out he had the job within the tattoo shop and Demi was now twenty eight weeks pregnant with their twins. She was getting quite big now and it was proving hard on her body but she was getting through it knowing it would all be worth it in the end. Nobody still knew their little secret and Nick was still pretending to be the father. They couldn't think of a way to tell Demi's parents and they weren't focusing on that at the moment. They were just focusing on the babies which were thriving clueless of the problems they could cause when the truth came out. But Joe and Demi would never blame their twins. They were completely in love with them as well as everyone else. Dianna and Eddie had apologized to Demi and Nick begging for their daughter to come back but Demi was happy where she was. She still saw them regularly but she wanted to stay with the Jonas' knowing it would be easier when the babies came. Demi looked up from her school book when the door opened and she smiled when Joe crept in.

"You don't have to sneak around, everyone is out. Remember?" Demi questioned and he shrugged his shoulders.

"Habit," He concluded sitting on the edge of the bed laying a hand on her bump where his twins were. "How are they doing?"

"Moving around a lot and kicking but it's not too painful," Demi replied. "But they're our princesses so I'll forgive them." Demi grinned and Joe smiled pecking her lips. They found out at twenty weeks they had one little girl, the other baby was hiding but they knew that they were identical so it was obvious they had two girls. They were both ecstatic when they heard the news.

"Not long now, ten weeks or so and that's if they don't arrive early which twins normally do." Joe replied.

"Yeah, we need to start working on this space, get it ready." Demi breathed trying to hide how nervous she was about becoming a mom but Joe had no doubts.

"I offered for the three of us to go shopping for the babies at the weekend. Get everything sorted in case they do come early." Joe stated.

"Yeah, it will be like you've just offered to drive us or something." Joe sighed nodding his head.

"Do you not think we can at least tell my parents by now?" Joe inquired and Demi sighed too.

"I just think the least about of people who know, the better," Demi admitted. "I'm not scared of them not being supportive, I just don't want it to get slipped out somewhere. I can't raise these girls without you." Joe shushed her slightly.

"I didn't mean to get you worked up or anything, it's fine. I'm just getting excited about it all and it would be nice to have my parents around in that time but Nick is getting all that attention. They're gonna have to know eventually."

"I know, I just need more time." Joe nodded his head.

"Okay, it's getting close now."

"I know and I'm struggling more and more everyday." Demi mumbled.

"Lay down, let's have a cuddle." Joe demanded and she smiled as he begun to move all her books and they were soon up on the bed Joe's arms wrapped around her as she snuggled into his chest. She felt him rub her back hoping it would help.

_________

Nick helped Demi down the last step of the stairs making sure she was comfortably before letting go. Demi rubbed her bump gently taking in a deep breath.

"You okay?" He questioned and Demi nodded her head gently.

"Yeah, I'm fine, just achy." Demi answered and they entered the dining room where food had already been laid out.

"Have a hot bath after dinner, that will help with the aches." Denise encouraged and she nodded her head and they all begun to help themselves from the dishes in the middle of the table.

"The two little girls giving you trouble?" Paul questioned.

"Just aches and pains, they're still moving around a lot but I'd hate it if they were completely still.

"Is it better if they're moving around?" Joe questioned.

"I don't think it really matters. Babies have been healthy either way. You moved around when I was pregnant with you but Nick wasn't quite as much." Denise answered.

"Shows how lazy Nick is now." Paul added and they all laughed.

"My own father." Nick stated and they laughed again.

"I think a bath would really help Demi, you can take as many as you want if it helps." Denise encouraged.

"Thanks, I'll give it a go. Even though I'm not a bath person, I'll just try anything at this stage." Demi mumbled. It was hurting now and she knew it was only going to hurt more when the babies were on their way but every time she thought about how much it hurt, she just thought about her two girls and how amazing they were going to be.

All she knew was, she couldn't wait to be a mom to her two little girls.

She just hoped she could get the courage to tell everyone the truth before they arrived so Joe could get the chance to be a dad.