Six

He's over there, we're walking from here." Nick explained leading her over towards where Demi could faintly see where Joe was waiting for her. She could figure out what Joe had planned to make sure her parents didn't know that she was going on a date with a boy three years older than her. She had always liked older guys but she knew her parents would freak out if they ever found out that she was going on a date with one.

"You're not coming with us are you?" Demi teased and Nick laughed.

"No, Sel actually called. She wants to work things out, Joe said it's okay that I walk with you guys and then split when we get into town." Nick replied and Demi smiled slightly.

"Good, you two are too cute not to stay together." Demi boasted and Nick rolled his eyes playfully but they soon reached Joe and she leaned up kissing his cheek gently as they greeted one another.

"I have a good brother, don't I?" Joe grinned and Demi laughed.

"Yeah, you do. What did you persuade him with?" Joe chuckled.

"I just reminded him that your dad was a record producer and it wouldn't be a bad thing if he got on his side." They all laughed together.

"Oh definitely, I've mentioned you to him before." Demi replied as they headed towards town. She smiled as she felt Joe take her hand. It was warm even though it was nearly seven in the evening but she didn't mind. She could feel a connection with Joe, something she hasn't felt before.

"You have?" Nick questioned.

"Oh yeah but he's a busy man. I don't think he's after anyone else yet but I'll keep mentioning you because you're good." Demi laughed as Nick blushed slightly but they both know how much it would mean to have an opportunity like that.

"Time doesn't matter, mom and dad would want me to finish school first, anyway." Nick admitted.

"Dad would have something to say about it either way."

"What do you mean?" Demi inquired looking between the brothers.

"Like I said yesterday, dad wants us to have what he thinks is a proper job and a tattoo artist or a musical artist isn't what he thinks is."

"I don't really care to be honest," Nick chuckled and they soon entered town Joe and Demi heading towards the cinema to watch something before they ate dinner. "Have fun!" Nick called after them not surprised when they didn't reply because they were concentrating on one another.

_________

"I'm sure we didn't need a big popcorn considering we haven't even had dinner yet." Demi lectured as they took their seats, the commercials were already being shown but they weren't paying attention to them. Joe was surprised when Demi had picked a film which he would enjoy too, he was excited to get to know her even more.

"There is never such a thing as too much popcorn!" Joe announced gaining attention of other people but again, neither of them cared, they just laughed together.

"This is true," Demi answered taking a bite of some as it laid between them for them to share. "You know, your brother told me what a player you are."

"Oh yeah? Well my brother also told me that you're not so innocent either." Joe teased back and Demi rolled her eyes.

"Okay I admit, I'm not perfect," Demi answered and Joe chuckled. "How many girls have you slept with then?" Demi challenged and laughed as Joe started to pretend to count on his fingers.

"Nah, I'm not the kind to count and brag," Joe shrugged his shoulders. "And some, I don't even remember."

"Sounds like it could be in double digits." Demi teased.

"Hey, why is this all on me, what about you?"

"I'm only sixteen! It's not gonna be more then ten." Demi answered.

"Age doesn't mean anything." Joe taunted and Demi rolled her eyes.

"I wish I never asked." Demi mumbled and Joe laughed.

"Don't give what you can't take." Joe teased again and Demi pouted.

"But you know it's gonna happen tonight right?" Demi looked over at him as he looked back at her.

"Really? When?" Joe questioned not moving as she leaned into his ear.

"Now." She whispered before she got up heading out of the isles and Joe couldn't help but watch. He only waited a minute or so until he got up and followed her out of the theater.