Twenty Seven

"Joseph, go run the bath for Demi since you're the first one done. It will have to be in mine and your dad's bathroom because the main one has bleach in it still." Denise instructed.

"Yes mam." Joe answered and they all laughed as he left the table leaving his glass of water on the table. He headed up the stairs heading into his parents room and then into the bathroom. He begun to run the bath adding some bubble bath when the hot water was going in. He entered Demi's room gathering together a pair of pajamas making sure there was a towel in the bathroom before he wandered back downstairs meeting Demi in the hallway.

"I wish you could be there." Demi mumbled.

"I will be, go upstairs and get in, I'll be there soon." He replied kissing her forehead before entering the dining room picking up his water glass finishing it off before setting it down.

"I'm gonna spend some time upstairs doing some coursework before I go to bed."

"So we won't see you for the rest of the night?" Paul questioned setting his knife and fork down on the plate.

"Maybe, depends." He answered.

"Goodnight then, in case." Denise stated and Joe smiled saying goodbye before he left the room but he found himself rushing up the stairs slightly going up the stairs two at a time. He entered the bathroom just as Demi was lowering herself in the bath but she smiled when she saw him.

"What did you say."

"That I'm doing coursework." Joe stated as he sat down on the floor by the bath.

"Do you have any to do?" Joe shook his head.

"I did it all during my lunch break." He replied and he smiled as she ran her wet fingers through his hair making it damp.

"You are so handsome." Demi stated and Joe playfully rolled his eyes.

"I prefer cute," He replied and she laughed kissing him back as he leaned over kissing her lips. The kiss didn't last too long though before they pulled away from one another. "I love you, and our little girls."

"And we love you too." Demi replied.

"Not as much as I love you." Joe challenged and Demi slapped his cheek gently making him chuckle.

"Don't challenge me Joseph, it's not cute." Demi replied and Joe glanced down at the floor making sure it was still there before looking up at her again. He was about to speak when they heard a knock on the door, he sighed looking towards the door.

"It's just me guys." Nick whispered slightly and Joe got up heading towards the door exiting leaving Demi behind.

"What?" Joe questioned.

"Dad wants you to do the dishes before you do coursework, I had to come get you to save him coming up and not seeing you in your room." Nick breathed.

"Can you do them for me? I'll give you five dollars." Joe stated.

"Can't you just quickly do them? Demi will be in the bath for a while." Nick replied.

"I really can't." Joe answered and Nick nodded his head.

"Fine but you owe me more than cash." He stated before leaving the room Joe shaking his head before entering the bathroom again.

"Everything good?" Demi inquired and Joe nodded his head kneeling down back by the bath.

"Yep, the bath soothing your aches a bit?" Joe questioned back.

"A little bit but the girls are enjoying the warmth." Demi grinned and Joe smiled. He was more than excited to meet his daughters.

"I want to ask you something." Joe admitted and Demi looked over at him.

"What is it?" She questioned noticing how nervous he suddenly got but she understood why when he revealed a box a silver ring inside.