SUPERPOWER

WHEN I woke up, I thought I was blind. My vision was a total pitch black. Cold pierced my nose and ears. Suddenly I had a brain freeze, an obvious ache and pain until I screamed out loud inside my head. In a moment, everything went back to normal. I was surrounded by the mess in my room; books scattered everywhere, in the corner, on bedsheets, bedside tables. My wardrobe door was open widely, some clothes pulled messily. This was horrible. But what was most horrible was when I recognized no one knocked on my door to wake me up.

I hardly got up from bed. The tiles of the floor beneath my feet were cold, I planned to put carpet soon, but my mother never let me spend more than ten dollars a day. I stepped into the kitchen to see what was plastered on the fridge since it was not there, a small memo that I assumed was written by my mother. It said she would be home tonight, and the task was to clean my room. She was being kind, as before she ever told me to clean every part of this house in my worst pain while she went home drunk. At that moment I wished for a sister, but I took it back since I did not want her to suffer as much as I did.

I spent my whole day trying to be productive by writing some blogs on the internet. It was a real pain in the head, but I wish I could hang out at the park today. It was raining hard and one tear drop on my head, I could have had a worse spin. It was weird as I wrote everything that happened to me since the first day I got vertigo that I had been suffering from for several years and I paused to type down everything. I skipped all the unimportant experiences by only writing about the symptoms of the disease, how to deal with it when it came in the worst way, et cetera. Everything I knew about vertigo that might help people if they read it. On the next blog I began to write down about the weird dreams since the day I got injected weeks ago. It was not actually something that I wanted to share to people out there because in some cases that might be just my fantasy, but I kept posting it because it could be useful someday when I wanted to remember this even though I was not sure I could forget those crazy night flowers.

When the night came, I waited for my mother to come home by sitting on my bed alone, looking at the dark sky but the stars were washed away to nowhere even though the window was not open but the curtain, until outside was seen well from where I placed myself. Both of my knees were wrapped tight by my arms, I planted my chin above them. I cleaned my room, I actually loved everything to be organized, but it was harder and harder for me.

I was contemplating for a long moment about those dreams which were getting cooler with every visit. I decided to be there again, as I closed my eyes after lying my body comfortably on bed.

———

When I opened my eyes I was already stuck inside a giant glass tube. There were several people I recognized; Jim was standing far from me. He was near the front door that seemed difficult to break in. There was Terrence Falcon in front of me with his black formal suit and expensive watch on his right wrist telling me he was left-handed. I did not give any mind about it, even to Claire who always brought an extra slim tablet on her grip, but one of them distracted me enough, an old man with wrinkles on his face surrounding his both eyes and lips. The chin he had was longer than a common human being. I was about to think that he was also the same kind of me, but I directly realized he was not a mutant by the white laboratory coat he wore, that suited the trousers on him with the same color. He had half-moon thick glasses perched perfectly on his nose. His nose was sharp like a pyramid, but from his bright green eyes I could tell that he was Professor Montgomery, as he owned the same eyes as Claire.

Terrence Falcon eventually stole my attention by tapping the frost tube glass surface by the tip of his middle finger, he smirked as a welcome to me. "Hello, Sleeping Beauty, can you hear me?" The voice echoed inside the tube, but I could hear what he said slightly. The thickness of the glass was such a barrier of the voice to be reached.