BLANCHARD

FINALLY, I am in my bed again.

A place with untidy items spread all around it; when I opened both my swollen eyes, I found my fantasy novel was wide open on the bedside table, the cover started to shrink because it was left too long in that position which meant it would ruin the entire pages of the book. My blanket dropped off the bed to the floor, probably because of the heat shown from how my body was tearing sweats, I unconsciously pushed it away from me to uncover my body. The other clothes I had were scattered on each corner.

I sat up hard because of the dizziness I suddenly received when I did that, it was at the same time as my mother opened the door abruptly with a snorted face and sullenly. Her eyes were squinted upon me, her lips were smeared with hell red lipstick that I saw was glossing so glow. That was not a problem, she did it almost every day, but when she entered the room bringing a paper bag containing something, I tried to leave my bed with stagger movement and took it.

"Did you just wake up?" she landed a question on my unfocused mind. I was paying more of my attention to what was inside the paper bag.

"Yea, I just took a very long nap," I said. I did not add 'every noon' or she would be very mad as I did not spend my days on the beach, at least I could not lie later when the party would be held, as she would be home on weekend.

"You shouldn't! It's dinner time," she scolded. "I will not come home tonight, so you go eat that and you can order something from a fast food restaurant if you're still hungry."

I realized Mom just bought me a huge hot dog that looked delicious but spicy, and I was sure she forgot that I had a problem with tart seasoning. However, she deserved appreciation as she tried to treat me as her little girl. "Thank you."

"Alright, bye," she ran away from my bedroom door. I shook my head slowly as I closed the food bag again she just gave me and held it tighter.

I paused to distinguish which ones were dreams and which ones were supposed to be reality. I closed my eyes and massaged my forehead between a pair of eyebrows gently, it felt that my disease recurred each time I woke up from my sleep. All of a sudden, I remembered Roy Blanchard, someone I had to find for the part of the key I had been looking for in a dream.

When I left the room, mom had left home. Whether I was a bit too lumbering to move, or she was too hasty for her regular special date tonight. It was good for both of us, because I could finally go straight to the computer in the living room, placed myself in the front seat of the computer desk and turned it on. I enjoyed my dinner from the bag my mother had given me while waiting for the computer to turn completely on. The reason I was doing this was that I had to know if Roy Blanchard was a real man, as well as the fires I made in my dreams, which were supposed to be merely fantasy.

However, all the things I did not expect were answered as a true situation after I skimped the keywords I was looking for, and the fire was real. The renowned palace of Roy Blanchard's residence suffered a fire on the same day and at the same time as I did it. In the news on the internet, they showed many things because eventually the journalists could return to enter the border of his house even though the owner did not allow them to get closer to the building, so they collected all the information in the yard as their best limitation. They also had many informants to ask questions, especially the house cleaners who mostly panicked about the incident.

One of them revealed enough detail, that a fire came out from nowhere and had suddenly occurred after the alarm sounded noisily all over the house, indicating an intruder trying to break into one of the main important rooms that contained an intruder detector. Because the fire was flaming on the top floor, they assumed that Roy Blanchard's private room was the target of the thief, whatever he kept in there.