34. Skywritten Message Warns Woman to Surrender

Andie's fingertips unleashed a torrent of Emperor Palpatine-style blue lightning, which sizzled along the iridescent skin of the security bubble. The Neuronic light spread fast as a rumor, electric fingers branching outward. Her nostrils prickled from the sharp, pungent zing of ozone. Fortunately, the scream of the alarm grew fainter as the claws of light covered more and more of the dome.

Wrenching her hand back, she stared at it blankly. What had she been thinking, touching that thing just because it was pretty? What was she? Four?

"You are not thinking," Bad Andie said. "My turn."

"But ..."

Andie felt a pressure on her brain. Something pushing her down into a dark, cozy, womblike existence. She surrendered because she didn't have the energy to do anything else.

***

"Finally! I'm in charge," Bad Andie said unnecessarily, as her regular mental sparring partner was inert at the moment—occupying the space deep in their subconscious where Bad Andie normally hung out fantasizing about hot sticky sex with a variety of supernatural beings. As much as she'd rather head back to her regular locale, she was the only one of the two of them not affected by the moon's pull. Basically, it was up to her to get them out of this alive so she could return to her fantasy world.

Now then. What would Boring Andie do? Aside from something inane, like calculating the inverse fractal coefficient of sand.

Boring Andie would analyze the current situation, examine their assets and liabilities, and make an informed decision. Bad Andie girded her figurative loins and made a list.

Assets:

1. Hot alien with lots of well-placed muscles and excellent kissing skills

2. Magical spacesuits which grant extra strength/libido

3. Neuronic energy, which can be lethal, especially to security systems

4. High level of motivation to kick ass because of abduction of best friend

Liabilities:

1. Stinging jellyfish drones

2. No element of surprise because of stupid move by Boring Andie. Now everyone on the moon is aware of their presence.

3. Hot alien with well-placed muscles and excellent kissing skills currently looking horrified and exasperated and keeps waving his hand in her face. Super annoying.

4. Desperate need for sustenance.

5. The moon's power to turn Boring Andie into a mental vegetable.

6. Spaceship currently at the bottom of ocean.

7. Alien hunk now shaking her shoulders and lobbing utterances at her; however, she cannot understand what he is saying due to total absorption in watching the way his luscious, delicious, kissable lips form words.

Holy god! Other than the kissable lips, being in charge sucked. Bad Andie did not know what to do next. Being a backseat driver was way more fun. She nudged Boring Andie. "Hey, girl. Why don't you come on back?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"I like it here. It's quiet. And peaceful."

So stubborn! "Please?"

"No."

"Look, I promise to stop criticizing you, even though you deserve it, and will do everything in my power to keep you from succumbing to the moon's influence. We can be a team."