14. Villain Brought Down by Own Stupidity

Andie rocked back and forth, crunching gravel, wishing it was Talia crunching beneath her feet instead.

"What are you doing here?" Andie yelled. Maybe Oliver would hear her distress through the microchip he had so obligingly implanted in Andie's skull.

"He is not here," said Talia.

"What do you mean?" Andie asked. Her face heated as it sunk in that Oliver had not sent the text. Even worse, was the fact that she wanted it to be true so much that she hadn't even questioned it.

"I see you have figured it out. I am still monitoring Oliver's electronic communicators."

"Communications," Andie corrected. "Pilot. Is Pilot okay?" She could no longer hear him barking.

"What pilot?"

"My dog," said Andie.

"I know nothing of this creature. I am here for you, Andie. I am here as your friend."

This woman ... alien ... whatever, was clearly insane. "Define 'friend.'"

"I thought you might want to know about Sterling."

"What do you mean?" Andie narrowed her eyes. What the hell was this lunatic talking about, and why did Andie's hackles raise as if she were a dog?

"Only that I made a few 'improvements' to her jet's engine."

"If you're going to do the whole malevolent villain thing, you should get to the point. Are you going to start your maniacal laughing now?"

"You are remarkably calm considering your friend's plane is going to crash. Very sad. And Cyra wanted her so desperately."

Andie trembled. Her heart ached as if someone had taken it out of her chest and kept squeezing it like one of those stress balls. She could not lose Sterling-her best friend, her confidante, her sister. "Please don't hurt her," Andie begged.

"That is better," said Talia. "I was worrying that you would not provide me a decent beseeching." Talia's eyes gleamed like a sadistic, insane alien.

"What do you want?"

"You, of course. You out of my way."

"Why don't you just shoot me and get it over with?"

"Nice try, but killing you would not be nearly as much fun as torturing you first." Definite sadist.

"What's to stop you, Talia? Why not just take me? What are you waiting for?"

"Your permission, of course."

"Huh?" This was the last thing she'd expected Talia to say.

"Because, legally, if you go with me of your own free will, I have done nothing wrong. Amu laws are very strict. If you agree, then Oliver will soon forgive my earlier indiscretion with the Cannon. Once I get him into bed with me, he will not be able to resist my charms. I have been specifically trained for years to please him sexually. I know exactly what he wants. The way he wants my mouth to enclose his ..."

"Shut up," said Andie. Thank god Bad Andie wasn't here providing visual aids. The coward.

"Oh, I'm here," said Bad Andie. "Just watching to see how you're going to get out of this one."

"If you're not helping, then shut up."

"Why are your eyes twitching? You look crazy, human," said Talia. "All I am saying is that Oliver will never have the pleasure from anyone else that he will have from me. Especially from a human. He thinks he desires you, but once I have him, he will never again desire another. I will possess him. He will be my slave. He will exist moment to moment, waiting for me to take him to my bed. If I withhold sex from him for more than a day, he will sink into a depression so profound, he will wish he were dead. And I promise a live feed into your jail cell so you can watch every time I take him to paradise. It is going to be so much fun."