Demi.

CHAPTER 23

Jessica's POV   

               Today's the day Demi visits. I've been looking forward to this day for the entire week. I know I've gained weight, but in this moment? I couldn't give a fuck. Because I know she's gonna be proud of me. the past week I've been trying harder than ever with my recovery, and it's shone. I'm no longer forcing myself to be happy, my smile comes naturally. Mindy and I have been closer than ever, she'll never be Demi but it's nice to be able to help someone they way Demi helped me. there was a knock on my door and a nurse popped her head in with a big smile. "She's here." 

                I walked down the long hallway with a pit of nerves and excitement in my stomach. The nurse led me into an empty room. "Miss Lovato just has to sign some forms then she'll be right here." I smiled hugely, "Okay!" I waited another few minutes then the door opened, my smile faded when I saw yet another nurse, "Change of plans, come with me." 

              She led me across the entire building and into the cafeteria. We walked out onto the lawn and then she stopped. "Okay. Wait here." I rolled my eyes, "Okay." I waited for a few more minutes, then I heard her. "Jess!!" I whipped around and saw her walking towards me. "Demi!" I broke into a run and jumped on her when we reached each other. Demi sank to the ground and hugged me tightly, "I can't believe you're really here!" Demi laughed, oh how I've missed that cackle, "I can't believe it either I've missed you so much!" I pulled away and wiped tears from my face, "Sweetie don't cry!" I laughed, "I thought you had forgotten about me." Demi shook her head and wiped my face with her soft hands, "I'd never forget about you." 

~*~

              After showing Demi my room and the new library and giving her a tour of the new wing, we walked back out to the grounds and sat on a bench swing. "So how're you doing?" I smiled, "Better." Demi made a gesture for me to explain and laughed, "Well I met another girl here, she's been here for about a month now. She's awesome, and I'm really trying to help her." Demi nodded, "That's so good to hear! I know it helped me alot when I started trying to help you." I smiled and looked around sadly at the acres of grass and woods, "I can't wait to get out of here." Demi smiled and followed my gaze, "It's amazing, like a whole different world. You feel like you're free to do anything... but that can be scary. No one's watching you like they do here. They hear 'fine' and they believe it." I looked down at her wrists, surprised to see tattoos there. Demi followed my gaze and smiled, turning them over so I could read them. "Stay Strong." Demi nodded, "I got them right out of treatment, to remind me everyday of what my fans said to me." I nodded, it was weird to hear Demi talk about her fans. To me, she's not a celebrity or idol, she's a normal human being. She's my bestfriend. Demi suddenly grinned, "when you get out, we should get matching tattoos." I snorted, "I'm only fifteen Dems." She rolled her eyes, "Well when's your birthday?" I stopped to think, I hadn't really focused or thought about anything but recovery in a long time. "May twenty-fifth." Demi's eyes widened, "But that's in like, a month." I smiled, "I know, and guess when my release date is." Demi's eyes nearly popped out of her head and she grabbed my hand, "YOU GOT YOUR RELEASE DATE AND YOU DIDN'T FUCKING TELL ME?!?" She yelled, I laughed. "It didn't come up!" She rolled her eyes, "Well when is it?" "May fifteenth." Demi jumped up, "So soon?!" I nodded, "I've been doing better." She smiled and hugged me, swinging me around in joy, "I'm so happy for you!" I grinned, "Thanks Dems! I don't know what I'm gonna do though..." She frowned, "What do you mean?" I looked down at my hands, "They can't get ahold of my parents to tell them to come and get me. I might be stuck here." Demi shook her head, "I'm gonna try and pull some strings. I'll be ther when they're supposed to pick you up. So if they don't come, and we don't hear from them, maybe I can get you home." I smiled, my doubts lifted, "Thanks Dems." 

~*~

              Demi and I ate dinner, then a nurse came and told us we had an hour left. I sighed, I didn't want her to leave. "Me either." I looked up and realized I'd said that outloud. "Can I meet Mindy?" I hesitated, "Uhh... Sure?" Demi smiled, I want to meet the girl that helped you." I smiled, "She should be in her room." 

             We walked down the hallway and I stopped outside Mindy's door. "This is it." Demi raised her hand and knocked, "Who is it?" A voice called, Demi nudged me. "It's me. Lemme in bitch." Demi cocked an eyebrow but didn't say anything as a laugh came through the door. Footsteps, then it opened, and Mindy stood in front of us. She grinned at me, then looked at Demi. "You're Demi Lovato." She stated simply. Demi laughed, "Really? I have to check my iD again." Mindy nodded, "Yeah you should do that." Then she stepped aside with a smile on her face, "Come on in." Demi walked in, swiveling her head around, looking at all of the posters of various bands strewn on the walls. "Pierce The Veil?" She said, pointing to a poster. Mindy nodded warily, she hates when people insult her music or call it 'emo.' Demi smiled, "I love them! I met them at warped tour a few years ago." Mindy's jaw dropped, "Are you fucking kidding? You lucky bitch!" I burst out laughing, Mindy idolizes them. Once, I'd used an office phone to prank her and pretend to be their label, saying that they'd heard her story and wanted to come meet her, but the doctor's said no. She cried for two hours and when she found out it wasn't real, she punched me. Hard. Demi walked over to a spinny chair while Mindy and I took the bed. It was awkward until Demi giggled, trying to hide it with a cough. I raised an eyebrow, but Mindy looked mortified as she ripped something from behind her off of the wall, making Demi laugh harder. "that wasn't me....My little sister sent me it." I realized what she'd torn off the wall, a camp rock one with Demi on it. I'd noticed it the first time I came in this room because it was so different from the others. I snorted, "Mindy? You're an only child...." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you liked it!

Comment and Vote!

-Rachel 

Follow me on twitter! @Lovatic_chica