Jessica's Story

CHAPTER 13

Jessica's POV

"So tell me about yourself" 

     I sighed, i knew this was coming. How could it not? Demi was my roommate. She would hear the nightmares for tonight anyways. "Well when i was six years old i was kidnapped, and raped." I started out.. Demi gasped. "the police found me 2 months later but i was naked and in Central Park, My captors always would tell me that i wasn't worthy of human love and that I should be grateful to them for showing me what a 'good time' was. Because no one would ever want to date me. After a while, i began to believe them." Demi was silent but motioned for me to go on. "So when they found me and my parents tried to hug me i laid on the floor and started screaming. I had been brainwashed into hugs and love ment pain and torture was coming. It was terrible. but i kept working at it. Eventually i was able to hug close family members and kiss cheeks. But i still had major trust issues. I would have nightmares every night and i still have them today. When i turned 11 thats when the cutting started. I started going back to public school when my shrink thought i could handle it. The girls in that school were horrible. So were the boys. I got both physically and mentallly abused by so many people. I couldn't take it, I couldn't even look in the mirror without having a breakdown. I was falling deeper and deeper into a hole and then one day my parents found a tumblr that i had been using to vent. Needless to say, they were horrified. My mom took one look at my wrists and called 911 and then my dad. The doctors there said that treatment would be the best option but my parents didnt want to send a 12 year old off to treatment, and I didnt want to go to treatment. A couple months passed, and then my mom saw fresh cuts and she cracked. I was one the plane a week later heading towards 'Timberline Knolls' and here i am. 3 months later. Still a wackjob." When i finished i looked at Demi for the first time. She just stared out onto the water. 

Demi's POV

My mind was racing. This girl has been through so much. But seeing how sh's pulled through, kinda is so great. Suddenly, I realized the sky had began to darken, "We better start heading back if we want to be back by indorms." I reminded her. "Yeah we should" She gave me a half smile before starting down the hill and the lonnggg wallkkk backkk.