Chapter Two - Hawk Eyes & Bad guys

Start from the beginning

Nic stood beside Frankie. "Is that Ava?" He asked as Nic looked at the table where blonde Ava was laughing with Ben Lusziak and that new girl.

"Yep," Nic said simply as he watched as the trio picked up their second shot and threw it back. Nic felt a presence to his other side, he looked to see Luca at his side. "Isn't that the girl who had your balls last night?" Nic chuckled as Frankie looked at the beautiful brunette.

Luca had already caught his sights on her, he laughed a little as he watched her throwback her third shot and Ava quickly grabbed her arm to dance.

"She never had my balls, I could take her on." Frankie scoffed trying to defend his manhood.

"And I said no, she's not a feather girl," Luca spoke firmly to his friend, as he watched as she and Ava danced to a Pink song that was blasting. Luca couldn't keep his eyes from her, the way she moved. Her smile was light and bright, she had no darkness within her, not like him.

"Yeah, I know. But she's not in the Venetian." Frankie pointed out, Luca just looked at his friend and Frankie just laughed. Luca watched as the girl separated from Ben and Ava and forced her way to the bar.

"Can I get another vodka and coke?" She shouted over to the bartender, who turned from her to make her drink

"Can I get another vodka and coke?" She shouted over to the bartender, who turned from her to make her drink. Out the corner of her eye she saw a group of guys and one guy started to approach her, the bartender placed down her drink and she paid.

"Hello, beautiful." This guy spoke as he stood beside her. He was quite close, this was unnerving for Hayley and she took a slight step back, well as far as she could but the bar was busy and crowded.

"Hi." She said simply, her eyes flashed to the group behind him who was watching, they had smirks on their faces. She knew what was going on here.

"So, what.." He began but she cut him off.

"Listen," she caught his hazel coloured eyes with her own. "I'm not interested, so whatever bet you have going on with your dick buddies, find another girl to fool." Her words were forceful, making it clear she wasn't interested.

Hayley heard the guys buddies laugh as she rejected him, his face hardened he was clearly embarrassed and pissed off. Hayley turned to walk back up to the dance floor but he grabbed her arm, she looked from his hand to his face.

"Fucking bitch," he spat and she removed her arm from his hand. "You're gonna regret you did that, whore." He spoke in a low dark and threatening tone, to which Hayley laughed.

"You think I'm afraid?" She put her hand on her little black clutch which held her trusty flick knife, "you think I've not been threatened by bigger and scarier men?"

Her heart raced as she thought of the men she ran from and the dark eyes of the man who threatened her yesterday. She then confidently walked away from the man and back to the group.