Chapter Twenty Four

Our second show of the day is completely different than the matinee. Every single one of my costumes is different, the choreography is different.

But that's also incredibly scary.

I️ pace back and forth as I️ do my warmup, calming my nerves.

I️ sift through the texts in my phones, a lot from the newsboys exclaiming how good I️ sounded at Tony rehearsal.

Break a leg tonight babe. I️ love you so much. Don't stress, you're absolutely flawless!
-benny😍

I️ smile, the simple text calming me more than anything.

"Places! Everyone, places!" Amanda announces.

I️ head over to stage right, ready to perform an absolutely amazing show.

****

"I️ need a nap." I️ whine, flopping onto the couch.

"It's only intermission." Leila laughs, fixing her costume.

"Wake me up in ten." I️ lay down on the couch, closing my eyes.

"You're wearing contacts, Lina."

"Shit!" I️ curse, sitting up. "Of course, I️ can't sleep in contacts. Fuck bad eyesight."

Leila laughs, shaking her head. "I've missed you, Rose."

I️ make my way into my dressing room to change into my green dress for Something There, taking my hair out of its low ponytail and parting it on the middle. I️ pull two pieces from the front back and tie them, just so it's out of my face. I️ leave my hair down for the end of the show and just fix it periodically, yet let it get super messy during the finale.

Once I've finished getting changed, I️ become aware of how much my phone had buzzed.

HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT
-Joshua Bridge

THIS IS AMAZING WTF
-Skylur

IM LITERALLY CRYING OH MY GOD YOU QUEEN
-Queen DeMarius

why can't I️ be you
-Steph

Oh my god Rose
-benny😍

This show went from phenomenal to ABSOLUTELY FUCKING AMAZING
-benny😍

IM SHOOK
-benny😍

MY WEAVE JUST GOT SNATCHED
-Kaitlyn Franklin

I️ laugh at all the crazy texts, shaking my head. I️ love these people.

I️ power through the rest of the show, thankful that Zack got the whole ballroom dance correct.

I️ take a deep breath as I️ walk on stage to do the scene before A Change in Me.

A Change in Me is truly a beautiful song. It talks about how one simple thing changed Belle's life forever, and she's a better person because of that. I️ really connect to this song, and actually struggle to not cry whenever I️ sing it.

I️ wander to the center stage, my hands together to hide the fact that they're shaking, something that is not common for me.

My eyes scan the darkness where the audience is, wishing I️ could see Ben. Wishing I️ could stare into his blue eyes and sing this song to him, and he could calm me down, and I️ wouldn't make a fool of myself in front of a bunch of people.

But I️ picture myself singing it to him. I️ see us on my fire escape, with his cute smile and glasses and really fucking blue eyes.

The thunderous applause from the audience nearly makes me jump, as I️ had been so lost in my own daydream that I️ didn't even realize the song was over.

The cast has their jaws dropped when I run off stage, and they all exclaim how amazing the song is, considering this is the first time they've heard the song.

Christian unexpectedly kisses me before the Mob Song, which was interesting. But I️ get to kiss him right after, so it's quite alright.

I️ get myself to cry when the Beast gets stabbed in the battle, singing about how I️ love him and how he's my home.

By the time bows arrive, I️ truly think I️ could fall asleep standing up. But I️ get through it, doing my leading lady bow which is very large and dramatic, which I️ learned during Cinderella.

I️ change into a sweats, pulling my curled hair into a ponytail.

I️ head home, since Ben told me he left to bring his family back to their hotel.

"Rosalina!" I️ hear Ben shouting as he barges into my apartment. I️ giggle, approaching him. "Oh my god, that was amazing!" He grabs my waist, spinning me around in a hug.

"Thank you. I'm exhausted now. It's been such a long day."

"Yeah, yeah, of course."

"Tony day tomorrow." I️ smile as we climb in bed.

"Can't wait to see you win that Tony."

"Oh shut up."