Chapter Eight

Ben's POV

If there's one thing I know for sure about Rose, it's that she loves to read. Disney couldn't have casted someone better to play Belle.

But if there's another thing I know about her, it's that her door is always unlocked when she's home. I've already tried to tell her that it's dangerous, but she doesn't listen.

So when I knock on her door and she doesn't answer, I gingerly push open the door.

Rosalina's apartment is silent, except for the pitter patter of rain outside. I kick off my shoes and head towards the window just beside the kitchen.

As I expect, the window is open and Rosalina is sitting on the fire escape, her back against the building with a book in her hands.

I climb through the window, effectively notifying Rose that I'm here. I expect to immediately get rained on, but when I look up, I notice that she's put some sort of board on the fire escape above her so she doesn't get wet.

"Hi." Rose smiles at me.

"Hey." I grin, leaning over to kiss her cheek. "That thing up there is really smart, you know."

"I like to come out and read when it's raining. It's- it's calming." Rosalina murmurs, closing her book and setting it down. "Ben, did-" She sighs, closing her eyes.

"What?"

"Have you ever thought what's gonna happen when you leave?"

"When I leave? You mean for tour?"

"Yeah." Rose nods, looking down at her lap. "You're gonna be with all your friends and you'll meet all these new people, and I'll be here. I won't be anywhere near you. And we both have jobs and shows to do so it's not like we can visit each other-"

"We'll be okay, Rose." I wrap my arms around her waist and pull her closer to me. "Don't worry."

"It's not that easy, Ben. You could easily meet someone who's better than me and wanna-"

"No, I don't wanna be with anyone else, Rose." I insist, grabbing her cheeks. "Where did you get these ideas?"

"Well, your friends facetimed me last week on your phone at rehearsal and said they wanna meet me. And that just got me thinking that we only have three months together before you leave."

"You don't have to worry about- wait, they took my phone?"

Rosalina laughs, nodding. "Yeah, I don't know where you were. But they hung up when you came back."

"Oh my god, this all makes sense now." I sigh, shaking my head.

Rosalina scoots closer to me, resting her head on my chest. "I've never wanted to be with someone more than you, and I don't want that to be ruined just because you'll be on tour."

"I don't want it to either." I murmur, pressing my lips to the top of her head. "And I don't think it will, okay?"

"Okay." Rosalina nods, her lips pressing against my collarbone for a moment.

"Now let's get inside. It's cold and raining, and I'm really hungry."

Rosalina grabs her book and I help her back through the window, and she goes to return her book to its shelf.

"Did you come here just to get fed?" Rose teases as she walks into the kitchen again.

"That and I wanted to see your beautiful face." I grab her waist and pull her into my chest, leaning against the counter.

"Oh shush."

I silence her protests by kissing her, and she giggles softly.

"Hey, aren't you hungry?"

"I'd rather kiss you."