Chapter Twenty Two

Ben's family arrives the next day, so he goes off to spend time with them while I️ have my show.

As Friday, two days before the Tony's, rolls around, I'm truly starting to feel the pressure of the Tony's. I️ have everything together. I️ have a dress, rehearsal is tomorrow, Ben is here. What is their to be worried about?

I️ wake up early Friday morning, silently jumping out of bed, hoping I️ don't disturb Ben. I️ grab my book from the bedside table and head to the fire escape. I've truly missed my little safe haven.

I️ sit down and cross my legs, sighing. The book is set open on my lap, but I️ can't find the desire to read anything.

Not even ten minutes ago, Ben is climbing out the window. "Hey." He sits beside me, nudging my arm. "What's wrong?"

I️ snap out of my trance, taking a deep breath and smiling at him. "Nothing. Just didn't wanna disturb you so I came out here."

Ben rolls his eyes. "You and I️ both know that's a lie. Tell me what's wrong, come on." He tosses the back through the window scooting even closer to me. "Talk to me."

"I️ don't know, I'm just really nervous." I️ mumble, shrugging. "The Tony's are on Sunday and I've gotta perform. It's just really scary."

"Yeah, I️ know how it feels." Ben wraps an arm around my waist, so I️ lean over and rest my head on his shoulder. "You're gonna be fine, Rose. You have nothing to worry about. Just stop thinking about it, just enjoy every moment of your day, and you'll feel a lot better."

I️ nod. "Okay."

"Good." He kisses my forehead. "Wanna go out for breakfast?"

"Sure."

****

I️ lean my head on Ben's shoulder, sighing. "When is your family coming to see the show?"

"The Saturday night show. A bunch of the guys got tickets too."

I️ laugh. "Of course they did. Want some news?"

"Oh sure."

"So tomorrow, the day before the Tony's, we're basically rechoreographing the entire show. Gaston, Be Our Guest, Home, all those are getting completely changed. And plus, I️ finally convinced them to add A Change in Me into the show!"

"I've never heard of that song before." Ben tells me.

"It was written for Toni Braxton when she was Belle. It's not very known, but it's amazing. And when you hear it, you'll understand why I️ love it so much."

"I'll have to trust you." He murmurs, kissing my temple. "What time do you have to be at the theater today?"

"In two hours." I️ say, sighing. "We should probably get going."

Ben pays for the bill and we head back to my apartment so I️ can get ready.

I️ head into the bathroom to straighten and then curl my hair after I've gotten dressed.

I️ start off quickly, and Ben wanders in.

"Can I️ do it for you?" Ben smiles, closing the door behind him.

"You wanna straighten my hair for me?" I️ raise my eyebrows, smirking.

"Why not? You learn something new every day." Ben shrugs, coming over and taking the iron from my hand. "So what am I️ doing?"

I️ giggle as he stands behind me, both of us looking in the mirror. "So you wanna get as high as possible and just slowly go down my hair with the iron, just make sure not to burn me because that really hurts."

"I'll do my best." I️ help Ben section off a piece of hair and he starts.

"Yeah, yeah, that's good." I️ smile, and he keeps going.

I️ make sure to get a video of him doing my hair and post it to Instagram.

"I'm gonna make you do this all the time, babe. This is so efficient."

"No!"

"Gonna curl my hair too?"

Ben sighs. "I'll try."

I️ smile at him.

What a guy.

But truly. What kind of guy would want to straighten and curl their girlfriend's hair? Not many.

"I️ think I finished." Ben says, setting down the iron.

As soon as he says that, I️ turn and throw my arms around his neck. I️ can tell he's surprised at first, stumbling back.

"Whoa, what's this about?" Ben chuckles, hugging my waist.

"I️ just love you so much." I️ murmur, my face buried in his neck. "Not many guys would do this for a girl. You're just- you're amazing. You make me so happy."

"You make me happy too." Ben responds. "But come on, I️ gotta curl this hair for you."

I️ turn around and then help Ben curl my hair, telling him how to go about curling each strand and how much hair to take for every section.

"You're actually so good at this, it's almost scary." I️ laugh as he quickly finishes hair my hair. "I️ really am gonna make you do this more often."

"I'm not doing this for you every day." Ben responds.

"Not every day. Just on the occasion." I️ murmur, shrugging.

Ben finishes off my hair, and I️ thank him endlessly. I️ head off to the theater, grinning.

"Aww, you're so cute." Leila grins as I️ head into the green room. "You're so happy and healthy and in love. It's adorable!"

"I've never been this happy." I️ sigh dramatically, falling onto the couch beside her, laying down with my head in her lap.

"I know, babe." She laughs. "Your hair looks really good today."

"Ben did it."

"Fucking goals!"