Two is Better than One

Lee and Kiba walked to the center of the training ground, Akamaru close behind.
  "Okay you two, same rules as the previous match. Don't aim to kill and Lee, remember that this is a practice match so don't go overboard with the gates." Asuma said as the two boys nodded in understanding.
  "This should be interesting Gai, my student against yours." Kurenai said gaining the sensei's attention.
  "Yes indeed it will be Kurenai, while Lee may not be good at anything involving excessive amounts of chakra he EXCELS in TAIJUTSU! He'll go easy on your student." Gai said smirking as he watched Lee proudly.
  "I wouldn't be too sure about Lee winning, Kiba and Akamaru are an unbeatable pair." Kurenai replied spinning a kunai.
  "Can you two be quiet, we're trying to watch the match." Chouji said suddenly.
  "BEGIN!" Asuma said before jumping back just in time to miss being hit as the boys collided.
  "Come on Akamaru let's get him!" Kiba yelled as he and Akamaru charged from both sides.
  Jumping back Akamaru missed Lee but he got struck by Kiba sending him into a nearby tree.
"Hm...is that all you got Lee, I bet Naruto could even beat you and he's dead last." Kiba taunted earning a growl from Naruto.
  "Leave me out of your taunts Kiba, this match is between you and Lee but I may step in if you keep mocking me!" Naruto yelled in anger before being nudged by Sasuke.
  "Hn..."
"Sorry, Teme he just irritated me." Naruto said before taking refuge in a nearby tree to continue watching the match.
"Whatever loser!"
"How un-youthful Kiba, mocking Naruto will not force me to fight you. BUT I WILL WIN DO NOT WORRY GAI-SENSEI I WILL MAKE YOU PROUD!" Lee yelled as he charged Kiba with such speed that the genin was blindsided as he was hit from the right.
  A one-sided taijutsu battle began with Akamaru trying to get Lee away from Kiba. Kiba managed to find an opening and stepped away from Lee.
  "Come on Akamaru, MAN BEAST CLONE!" he yelled as Akamaru took the form of Kiba and both charged Lee.
  He jumped up narrowly missing the attacks before they charged again, this time both hits landing.
  Akamaru caught Lee in the gut, followed by Kiba catching him in the chin. Lee flew into a nearby tree, before falling to the ground hard.
  "BUSHY BROW GET UP!" Naruto yelled jumping from the tree to stand next to Gai.
Slowly Lee got to his feet, a bit unsteady as he looked to Kiba who stood with a smug look on his face.
  "Just give up already, you're too weak for me and Akamaru, two is ALWAYS better than one."
  "Arf!"
"You're wrong!" Lee yelled, tears falling.
He wobbled forward removing the weights that were on his body.
  "What are you talking about, two fighters will always beat one!" Kiba yelled.
  "Numbers mean NOTHING IF YOU DO NOT HAVE HEART!" Lee yelled.
  He charged towards Kiba before diverting to Akamaru.
  "AKAMARU!" Kiba yelled as his best friend went flying into a nearby tree.
  Akamaru yelped before falling to the ground, unconscious.
  "Do not stop fighting Kiba! As a ninja you must continue battling even if you lose a partner." Kurenai yelled.
  Kiba growled as he saw his partner and best friend unconscious yet there was nothing he could do to help.
  "You're gonna pay for hurting Akamaru!" Kiba yelled.
  "That was a good strategy." Naruto muttered.
  "What do you mean Naruto?" Asked Kurenai.
  "Well...um..."
"Lee went for Akamaru, knowing that Kiba would fight based off emotions rather than strategy." Shikamaru jumped in.
  "Exactly! Right now Kiba is only fighting because he's angry, and while emotions may be good in some cases. A ninja can become distracted and careless in their fighting if they let their emotions drive them. Lee knows that, so he attacked Akamaru assuming Kiba's reaction would lead to careless attempts at getting revenge rather than winning the fight." Naruto said before realising that all of the genin and sensei were looking at him.
"Kakashi, what the hell happened to your student. Isn't he supposed to be the dead last, idiot of this class. He sounds almost like a Nara." Asuma said eyeing Kakashi.
  "Classes required you to be book smart, obviously that isn't me. I'm better with words than with text." Naruto shrugged turning back to watch the fight.
  "It's true, Naruto was always more of a doer and not a book thinker. Even in some class exercises he was quicker than Sasuke and Sakura in figuring what to do." Shikamaru said.
  The four sensei were shocked to say the least but decided to hold their tongues in favour of watching Lee and Kiba.
"Um...Hinata, do you think you could grab Akamaru while Lee and Kiba are on the other side of the grounds." Naruto whispered to the Hyuuga heiress.
  She nodded before running over to collect the unconscious animal. She laid him next to the still unconscious Ino and Sakura.
  "PRIMARY LOTUS!" Lee shouted.
  All genin and sensei watched as Kiba was beaten and caught mid air, before being wrapped in tape and propelled to the ground hitting his head.
  "WELL DONE LEE!" Gai said as his student fell to a sitting position.
  Kiba who was now unconscious was being carried by Asuma off to the side of the grounds. Naruto carefully picked up Akamaru and ran to Kiba's side, placing the animal on his chest.
  "Nice job Kiba, Akamaru, but this time you were no match for Lee." Naruto muttered before walking away.
  Asuma watched Naruto's back as the young Genin walked away.  His eyes must have been playing tricks on him because before he knew he muttered,
  "Fourth?"
"Did you say something Asuma-sensei?" Naruto asked turning to look back at the man.
  "Sorry, no I um...didn't." Asuma quickly said.
  As Kurenai ran over to check on her students Ino and Sakura began to stir. 
  "Morning you two." Naruto joked as he helped Sakura into a sitting position.
  "Who won?" Ino asked.
  "Neither of you! You're both pathetic and knocked each other out by luck." Sasuke said.
  "TEME!" Naruto yelled, catching everyone's attention.
  "It was actually really close, you're both strong, you just need more training." Naruto said, smiling sweetly at both girls.
  Both girls immediately ignoring Naruto's kindness, proceeded to punch Naruto sending him into a nearby tree. Hinata ran towards him as Sasuke glared at both girls.
  "Naruto-kun, are you okay." She said, lightly touching his shoulder.
  A sigh escaped his lips and a year rolled before everything with replaced with a smile. 
  "I'm fine." He whispered so only Hinata could hear.
  "HEY SAKURA-CHAN THAT HURT!" He yelled before jumping up and running over to join the other genin.
  "Get we get the next fight started, I'm interested in seeing the strategies of a Nara."
  "How troublesome."
"Very well, for the next match we have Shino against Shikamaru."

Hello everyone, Thanksgiving is almost upon us so be on the lookout for a new chapter AND a Thanksgiving themed chapter. I'll be back home for five days and I plan to write as well as work on my college calculus work. Anyway, hope y'all enjoyed the chapter, until next time bye 🙋🙋🙋.