Chapter Twenty

Zacznij od początku

“Pops?” She looked around, “Wha- What’s happeni—“

Next thing she saw after opening her eyes was my sorrow-filled face. I wouldn't like such a site to be my first vision after waking up either, so her reaction was quite obvious.

“Get him out of here," She ordered bitterly, "NOW!"

Moistness surrounded my temples as her eyes became teary and pleaded me to go away.

“Rach," I finally decided to feel her soft skin beneath my tips, “Please listen to me--"

"Don't touch me, Zayn. Just stay away, please?" She begged me in her sorrowful voice, "Why don't you understand that if I stay with you for one more second, I'll--" she stopped mid-sentence.

"I'll what, Rach?" I pleaded.

"I'll fall in love with you again, Zayn!" She completed looking down and breaking eye contact from each of us, "And it'll hurt me!" Her voice faded as she got up, “And you'll be fine... Again," She completed and rushed towards her bedroom, shutting the door close behind her.

We all stood there motionless. I was still on the floor as I stared at Pops running behind Rach. But it was too late; Rach had already shut the door and didn't react to Pops' hard banging over it.

Niall turned towards me and helped me up. Still frozen in my tracks, I somehow managed to arch myself and sit on the sofa, Niall besides me. I stared at the point where Rach laid a couple of minutes ago, as Pops now walked towards me and placed her palm on my head from behind. They both anticipated a reply, but instead, I rewarded them with something I had done the whole night... Cry. My mouth was all sour in taste from all the crying; besides I hadn't even brushed. But I was far beyond the point to consider all of this.

"Zayn, tell me... What's wrong? Please?" Pops' soothing voice tried to make me feel comfortable, but I couldn't stop.

"Please, Zayn? Maybe we can help!" Niall pleaded.

"Yea! I can help! Do you want me to talk to her or something?" Pops asked me. But I just nodded in disapproval.

"Zayn," She now sat next to me and hugged me tightly, Niall joining us in the hug sooner. Pops kissed my forehead and began,"Rach is very delicate, especially after what happened between you two some four odd years ago, she's always serious about you... She," she paused and looked at me in a troubled way, "She's afraid of losing you again..."

My face automatically turned towards her. I felt like I was being underestimated about my feelings towards Rach! I couldn't help but point it out to Pops that Rach was more important to me than anything else. That was when I opened my mouth with a feeling of fright and trouble, "You wanna know what happened, right? Yeah?" My voice rang in the room, "Rach caught me while Perrie was literally seducing me to have sex with her." I completed as calmly I could. Thankfully there was no wall nearby or I bet I could've just broken it...

There was a moment of utter silence. We all had a telepathic conversation going on as Pops looked at Niall and then back at me. None of them could speak a word. Finally, I decided to spill the entire episode.

"Perrie threw up at the party last night... So I took her to a nearby room to get her changed. She began seducing me... To be honest, Perrie is never so desperate about anything, but last night was an exception I guess. Well anyways, so Rach chose exactly that moment to walk in and catch us," I sighed, "Perrie called her names and cursed at her... She hurt my baby girl," My voice now trembled as I recapitulated all those foul words that fell of Perrie's mouth, "Rach took it all as calm as possible...!" I turned towards Pops and looked at her.

Arching my back a bit, I took out the tiny diamond ring and placed it on Pops' palm, "That was for her...," I sighed, "I was gonna propose..." My voice faded.