Chapter 4: Unsaid Emotions

Eid Mubarak!✨

The next few days of my life were going pretty smooth and normal; ignored by family and embraced by friends. College was good. Kaira and I were getting along well and Venky was always by my side. And now I even had Samar with me. He is a fun guy! Just his presence around me makes me happy and he too likes to spend his time with me and my sister. Though Venky is having a hard time to be friends with him but they are doing fair.

Samar offered us to pick Kaira and me for college today and we agreed. We'd pick Venky on our way as well.

I was on kitchen counter as usual and my sister on dining table with my family when the horn blew. I smiled broadly hopping down and taking my backpack. Kaira wished everyone bye and we walked out.

"Hey! " Samar smiled opening the door for us.

"Hi.. " I smiled and before I could, Kaira got on passenger's seat and then smiled at me saying, "I don't think Venky will like my company on backseat. "

"Yeah.. Right. " I commented getting on the backseat.

I glanced at Samar who was fixing the rear view mirror. No! He wasn't adjusting it to look at me but because my sister needed to fix her make-up.

"You could have done that while looking in your phone..! " I called.

"Why bother when you have mirror? " she said cheekily and Samar laughed saying, "You look beautiful either way, Kaira."

"So does Kiara. We are identical. " she said in such way as if she was ashamed and disappointed with that fact.

Samar adjusted the mirror again, "Though you two are identical but still... You two are poles apart from each other and that makes you beautiful in your own way. " he smiled looking at Kaira.

I felt a little envious of their interaction. I was sitting right there but still I wasn't part of their conversation.

Stuffing her gloss inside her purse Kaira giggled, "you're so sweet, Samar. "

I rolled my eyes, "Can we guys hurry up; Venky must be waiting for us. "

"Aye aye, captain! " Samar laughed starting the engine.

We reached college after picking up Venky on our way. Our first class was English that all of us had. Samar and Kaira took the seat in first row while Venky and I sat on third. The lecture continued and Venky and I played crisscross on back of our notebook and made a movie plan.

The bell rang dismissing the class. Taking my books in one one hand and tugging my backpack I hurried to Samar to share the plan and ask him to join.

He smiled apologetically saying, "Kia... I'd love to but we.. I mean Kaira, Shruti & I have already made another plan."

I gave a half smile nodding my head. "Okay.. " I said softly. "Nice! No worry."

"But you and Venky are welcome to join us." He added.

Venky stood beside me saying, "It's okay, Samar. You guys continue with your plan and we'll continue with ours." He smiled at me and I smiled back. "Yeah! You guys have fun. Let's go, Venky." I walked away holding Venky's hand.

"I'll meet you in library after this class! " he promised heading to his next class and I nodded walking to mine.

"Kiara! " Someone called and I knew who but I didn't turn and got busy fixing my earphones. "Kiara?! Hey! " I stopped, turning to the person who patted my shoulder; Samar.

"Hey.. " I sighed resuming my walk and he joined me.

"Are you angry at me? " he asked pulling up an innocent face.