Chapter 3: The First Day

Kiara's POV

After my not so good morning at my house, I was standing in front of my college gate. I worked so hard to reach here. After the accident, I had to drop school for almost 2 months and catching up with all my studies, preparing for exams and my guilt of taking someone's life was... Let just say that I'm not so good at multitasking.

Shaking all the thoughts out from my mind, I smiled tugging my backpack. "New start, Kiara. "

I flinched when someone shouted near my ear and turning towards him, I hit him with my bag. "Venky! "

He laughed at me, "Gotcha Kiara Mathur! "

"Ha ha! Let's go and throw a party for that. " I mocked, flinging my arm around his shoulder and entering the gate that lead us to our college life!

Venky, a friend that I got on the night of my accident. He was the one who found my car and saved my life. He came to me after my family left and sat by my side and since then, he has been always there for me.

The first place we went to check in college was CANTEEN!

Running my eyes to find table for two, my eyes stopped at the pair of brown eyes. Those eyes were locked with mine for minute moment but in that moment I could feel my world dissolving.

A sharp nudge from Venky made me look away from the captivating eyes. I glared at Venky and then looked back at the table where the person was sitting- which was now empty.

How is that possible?! I saw him right there! I gasped mentally and then Venky asked, "You wanna sit there then let's go na. Why are you just staring? "

"Huh? " I blinked looking at empty table then Venky, "wasn't that table occupied? " I asked him unsurely.

"What? No! It's empty... See.. "

I looked again and bobbing my head lazily I walked towards the table with him but I'm damn sure I saw someone sitting here.

Venky and I settled ourselves on a table for three. I looked around to admire my new surrounding. The canteen was painted with bright colour and had funky designs and decor, giving out very youthful and fun vibes.

"This place is cool." He commented. I nodded in agreement but my eyes wandered around in search of those brown eyes.

"Kiara, you're okay? " Venky kept his hand over mine. I brought my attention to him, "Yeah.. I'm fine.. just admiring our new hangout spot." I said with my widest grin.

He chuckled, "Good. And now, let's head towards our class! You don't wanna be late on first day. "

"Shoot! Yes! " I picked my back and followed Venky.

Realising that I forgot my phone on table I walked back and took it. When I turned, I crashed onto someone's body. I almost dropped my phone but he was quick to catch it mid-air.

"Oh God! " I snapped at the half bend figure in front of me. When he stood straight and met my eyes, my world froze. It was the same pair of brown eyes that got me mesmerized.

His eyes were....like an ocean of love and I was drowning in it.

"Ahem.. " he cleared his throat and after what seems an eternity to me I removed my eyes from him. Tucking hair behind my ear I took my phone from him that he was holding for me. "Thank you...." I looked at him for the first time. He was tall with strong physique and a handsome face but I don't know why my eyes always found its way to his deep ocean of love.

"Samar." He introduced himself with a smile that brightened his eyes, making it more beautiful.

"Samar... " I whispered his name. "Thank you, Samar."