Chapter 2- The Mathurs

I covered my face with a pillow as the sun rays coming through the window were disturbing my sleep and I tossed on the other side.

"Kiara! Kia wake up! " Kaira shook me once and went inside the bathroom.

I can sleep for the period till she is in there. I said to myself and curled up lazily.

"Eeh! " I whined removing the wet towel that my dear sister threw on my face saying, "Wake up sleepy head! Today's our first day of college!! " she reminded.

Listening this I sat up quickly. College!

"I'm going downstairs to mom." She closed the door leaving the room.

I stretched my muscles while yawning and got out from my bed. With my eyes still closed I walked inside the bathroom. Standing in front of mirror and basin I put the toothpaste on my toothbrush and sprinkling some water on it I began brushing looking at my reflection.

After taking a quick warm shower I stepped out from the bathroom to my room and stood in front of my wardrobe deciding what to wear for my first day of college!

I wanted to look my best like any other fresher, excited to start her college life! Scanning through the dresses I picked a blue skinny jeans, black tank top and a checked cotton jacket to wear over it.

Changing into my chosen attire I blow dried my hair and applied the 'no make-up' look make-up. I wasn't happy with my appearance. I pouted looking at myself.

What's missing. Umm... The hair? I thought pulling up my hair.

Loose hair isn't going with the dress. "maybe a bun or pony? " I mumbled and quickly tied my hair in a pony tail. I checked my appearance again and being happy with the result I walked down where my whole family was.

"Good Morning, Dad! " I smiled the same as I'm doing for six months and he just nodded taking a bite from his breakfast.

"Morning, Dadi. " I took her blessing and she patted my back, "Bless you, child. "

"Good Morning, Maa! " I walked to my mom who was in the kitchen.

"I'm preparing omelet for Kaira. Toast is kept on plate, help yourself. " she said.

I gave her a half smile, "Okay, maa. "

I opened the fridge to take out the jam bottle, when I picked it I saw that the jar was empty.

"Maa, jam is over and there is no butter as well... " I whined.

"Should I prepare omelet for you too? " she asked.

"Maa, you know na I'm a vegetarian. "

"Are you? " she looked at me confusedly and nodded, "oh yeah, you are. " she prepared the plate for Kaira.

"Why will you remember things about me. " I mumbled picking a single piece of toast and munching on it.

"I do! " my father called from dining table. I smiled as it was after a long time that dad was talking about me, "I remember that for you, the value of an animal's life is more than of a man."

I chewed my food slowly pretending to ignore what dad said but my heart was aching because of his words. Mom took the tray of food to dining table and served the breakfast to Kaira and pouring juice for her with smile.

I sat on kitchen's island munching my dry toast because I found no use of sitting with the family who doesn't speak with me after the accident.
__

I opened my eyes on hospital bed next day.

I touched my head with my hand because it was paining and found that it was covered with bandage and so was my shoulder. I tried to sit up but the nurse stopped me: