Chapter Three

"Move faster, Ms Linton." Mr Ambrose exclaimed as he strode ahead of her. "I do not pay you to dawdle."

"Yes, sir." Lilly replied through gritted teeth as she followed her boss. When she looked ahead, her eyes landed on his shoulders.

A shoulder where she had woken up, not a few hours ago.

A blush crept into her cheeks. She looked away from her boss and tried to keep her eyes on anything but him.

That was totally unacceptable! She was his private secretary and she must act like one. Lying passed out on a couch in his office was one thing, but sleeping on her boss' shoulder? Unprofessional!

As soon as Lily had woken up earlier, in their first flight, her mind couldn't grasp the situation so she leaned on his shoulder for a while.

But as she realized what, or whom, she was leaning on, dread settled into her conscious.

Please, she started praying. Don't let him fire me.

She slowly got up and assumed a sitting position.

She hadn't talked to her boss then and even as they had another 1-hour plane ride to Palawan.

Now that the moment was probably forgotten by Mr Ambrose, or so she thought, Lily caught up with her boss and tapped his arm.

"What is it?"

"We've been on the plane for approximately 16 hours, sir." Lily stifled a yawn. "I think it's high time to rest before meeting up with the incompetent manager."

Mr Ambrose looked at his watch and his lips pressed into a thin line - as if it wasn't already a thin line.

"Fine." He curtly said. "I might have to fix some things for the mean time."

Lily nodded before turning to Karim, grinning. "Did you sleep well?"

As usual, he didn't answer her. Heck, it was as if she wasn't there.

Lily glared at the huge brute before settling on just walking until they could hail a cab, reach the hotel and then sleep on a real bed.

That was a good plan.

===

"I wouldn't put it past you to check in here." Mr Ambrose's secretary stated.

"What do you mean?"

"Well for one," she motioned to the walls they were passing by in the hallway. "Can you see the paint starting to peel off?"

"I am very much aware of that, Ms Linton."

She flailed her arms in disbelief. "That doesn't bother you?"

"It doesn't. In fact," Mr Ambrose motioned to the walls. "I see no cracks in the walls, meaning the building is sturdy. Plus, it's affordable."

"Affordable?" Lily scoffed at the word. "I'd rather say cheap."

From Mr Ambrose's side, Karim gave a snort.

The employer gave a disapproving look at his bodyguard, to which the latter sobered up.

This was not the case, however, to the private secretary, who was busy laughing her ass off.

"You can stop that, Miss Linton." Mr Ambrose said in a curt voice. "You might wake up the whole hotel up with your obnoxious laughter."

"As if you care." Lily stated and burst into another fit of giggles.

This time, it was Karim who had spoken up. "Go on, keep laughing so that the staff could haul you out of here."