Chapter Five

Chapter Five

“Wear this.” Mr Ambrose hands Lily a small box. “We could communicate without anyone noticing.”

“Oh! Like spies, huh?” Lily winked at him.

“If you put it that way.” He said monotonously.

Lily instantly wore it (just like how they do it in the movies). “Are you wearing yours already, sir?”

“Yes.”

Of course he already did, Lily. He’s always prepared.

Sighing, she clasps her hands on her lap as they were on the way to the airport.

“How long have you been in business, sir?”

Silence.

This was hopeless. Lily deduced that she would never get a word out of the man beside her. Not unless it involved money or his business rivals.

She then gave up in trying to make small talk. Soon enough, they had arrived at their destination.

As the car doors were unlocked, Lily sprinted out almost immediately, until a hand clasped around her arm.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Mr Ambrose asked.

“I’m going to catch Simmons!” Lily stated as she tried to wrestle out of his grip.

“We don’t just go in there. We still need to know exactly where he is.”

“Right…”

Both lowered their hands but never let go.

That was, until they heard someone clear their throat.

“Sahib.” Karim stated. When Mr Ambrose nodded at him, he continued. “He’s in the Waiting Area of Terminal 1. His flight will be an 20 minutes from now. Should we send the Ifrit in?”

“Yes.”

Lily’s ears perked up. “What does Ifrit mean?”

Mr Ambrose regarded her coolly. “A demon from the Arabian mythology with huge, fiery wings.”

Instead of feeling angry, Lily found it amusing and flattering at the same time. She turned to Karim. “I never knew you thought so highly of me.”

He rolled his eyes and muttered something about woman-worst-than-Ifrit.

“Let’s get going.” Mr Ambrose looked at Karim. “Are they in their positions already?”

“Yes, Sahib.”

“We’ll send you in now, Ms Linton.” He checked if her earpiece  is intact. “Are you ready?”

Lily mock saluted him - like a good, obedient soldier. “Yes, sir, Mr Ambrose, sir!”

The business magnate slightly narrowed his eyes at the weird lady in front of him before pushing her towards the entrance.

“Keep in touch, Ms Linton.”

At this, Lily tapped her ear. “Will do.”

And she entered the airport.

***

It took some time for her to get acquainted with the surroundings. It was her first time in an airport!

Ms Linton.” A voice from her earpiece said.

“I’m fine.” She muttered.

That’s good to know but it wasn’t what I wanted to ask.” Mr Ambrose stated. “Where are you now?