Chapter One

Disclaimer:

I do not own any of these characters. This is a fanfiction based on Robert Their’s “Storm and Silence”. This is a modern version of how Mr Ambrose and Lily Linton met.

If any of the happenings in this story are the same with an event in real life, it is purely coincidental.

Recommendation:

If you would like to find out the true attitude/personality and story of Mr Ambrose and Lily, read “Storm and Silence”, “In the Eye of the Storm”, “Silence is Golden” and “Silence Breaking (ongoing)” respectively. These are all works of Robert Thier in the genres Romance and Historical Fiction. He updates every Wednesday.

Message:

Sincerely hoping that this fanfiction would be loved by many of the SaS fans out there - and most especially Sir Rob. Any feedbacks would be appreciated very much.
Thanks for giving this book a chance.
Peace out Ifrits!
- LyricJackson_3
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
Chapter One

It was a cold Monday morning. Lillian Linton had yet to find a decent job that could earn her some decent money – just enough to cover an apartment and Ella’s tuition fee.

But for the past few months, she would always come home with nothing. Sure she had been called to have a job interview, but she was never hired.

“You can do this, Lily.” She mutters as she struggles in zipping up her dress. “You’re a freaking girl. You. Are. Independent.”

“Do you need help with that?” Ella’s sweet voice filled the room as she poked her head through the door.

Sighing, Lily nodded knowing that she was hopeless in zipping up her garment. As Ella came up behind her, she smiled.

“I have a good feeling about this,” she states.

“What do you mean?” Lily turned around to face Ella after she had been zippered up.

“I think you might just secure a job today.”

Lily rolls her eyes. “You’ve said that a million times already before my job interviews.”

Ella blushes. It was the truth. She was such an optimist and always looks at the bright side of things.

“I gotta go now.” Lily steps out of the bedroom, but not before hugging her sister.

As she descended the staircase, she was greeted by Anne and Maria, who were currently manicuring their nails.

“You’re still job-hunting?” Maria asks, raising a perfect eyebrow.

“Yep. I’m having a job interview today. Hoping I’d secure this one though.”

“If I were you, I’d just make myself pretty and look for hot billionaires. Then make them my boyfriend.” Anne giggles before giving Maria a high-five.

“Yes.” Lily stated as she walked out of the house. “But you’re not me.”

Clutching the copies of her resumes tightly, she hailed a cab that took her to her destination.

***

As she was walking towards one of the buildings, Lily wrapped her arms around her. She really should have brought that woolly sweater her best friend, Patsy, gave last Christmas.

Too late now, she thought bitterly.

Lily looked up at the broad building she was heading to. It was designed in a neo-classical style and she could almost compare it’s size to the Buckingham Palace. It was that massive.