Dinner?

"Cas!" My mom yells as I run down the stairs. I see Gabe sitting at the table. Mom turned around and smiled as she put some eggs and bacon and three plates. She never makes breakfast so something is going on.

"What's going on?" I ask as Gabe smiles at me and mom give a apologetic look, but it was mixed with excitement.

"Sam is going to be joining us for dinner tonight." She smiled at me. I nod my head really not caring. "And Dean will be here as well."  I spit out the water I was drinking as she looked at me with wide eyes.

"You okay?" She asked I I looked at her.  Does she really not remember the conversation we had yesterday?

"Mom! Remember what I told you?" She noded and Gabe looked at us confused.

"Gabe thought it would be nice because they are brothers." She said. I get where Gabes coming from with this, he is scared shitless by Dean.

We finish breakfast and start driving to school. "So, why don't you want Dean over tonight?" Gabe asked smiling.

"He's been helping me all week with Luke, and I feel like it would just be weird." Gabe just noded.  We got to school. We met up with Charlie and Sam, but Dean was with them.

Sam and Gabe hug as I say hi to everyone. This is weird. We made small talk, and I felt Deans eyes on me.  Was something wrong? Every time I caught him he smiled and looked away or joined the conversation.

The bell rang and first period was over in what felt like five minutes. I was walked to Chem and Dean threw his arm over my shoulder. We walked into class and started working.

"So. I'm looking forward to tonight." He smiled and wiggled his eyebrows. I shove him and we both laugh. Class ended and next thing I knew, school was over.

We got home and I got a shower leaving two hours until Sam and Dean got here, so I did my homework. It felt like 15 minutes until I heard my mom yell my name. I ran downstairs and into the living room.

"Hey." I said as I sat down on the couch next to Gabe. Sam was on the other side of him and Dean was in the recliner by me across from my mom.

"So. Who's hungry?" My mom asked as everyone commented. Our kitchen table was pretty big. Mom sat at the end, and Gabe sat by the other end, I sat on the right side to my mom, and Dean and Sam sat across from me. My mom made lasagna, which I guess everyone was okay with having.

"So, Sam, Dean. How long have you lived in town?" My mom asked as Dean looked at me. Why at me?

"We moved here about four years ago. I was a Freshman and Sammy was in 5th grade." My mom noded as she asked numerous questions.  I learned a lot about their family. They live with their uncle due to their mom dying in a fire and their dad not being in a stable state to raise them. Dean looked at me and he had a pained look in his eyes talking about that so I tried making a funny face.

We had a funnier conversation afterwards and we were all laughing until we cried. "I hope everyone likes pie." My mom cheered as Dean looked up. We all laughed and she cut us all a piece of the cherry pie.  Dean ate his without swallowing. Afterwards we hung out. Gabe and Sam went up to Sam's room and mom was doing dishes so she told us to go up to my room.

We walked into my room which was covered in band posters.  I picked up some dirty clothes and but then I'm a basket as Dean looked around. "I didn't see all the posters the other night." "Oh, yeah. I put them up yesterday." Dean noded and sat on my bed looking at me.

"What?" I ask as he just smiles. He stands up and I freeze. "I like your mom, and Gabe. He makes Sammy laugh which I like." He smiled.

"You should meet my older sister Anna. She's just as funny. She's a senior in college.  She goes to Stanford." I smile as Dean nods. 

"Thays where Sammy wants to go. Become a hot shot lawyer."

We make some small talk and laugh. We were both sitting at the foot of my bed. We go silent and we look at each other.  My heart speeds up as he puts his right hand onto my left. He leaned in and my heart stopped as our lips touched.