"Do you want a drink?" he asks.

"No, thank you." He moves to the fridge, grabbing a glass of water as he talks.

"This is always the hardest part... The reason I believed you is because I too have met the Luna Goddess and I may even say that we have been friends for a while. I will explain more on that later." Sensing that this could go on for a while I move around the island and sit down on one of the stools. He continues his explanation with a question which catches me off guard. "Do you know how the shifter race started?"

"Wha- why? I don't get how..."

"Do you?" he prompts sitting down next to me, looking toward me.

"No," I admit.

"Well, not many do. It started thousands of years ago. Humans were already on the earth, and the Luna Goddess decided that she wanted to change them. Make them better if you will. She decided to mix the human with predatory races. Her first decision, and creation, was the wolf shifter. She made a male and female, binding them together for eternity. These two were the original Alpha and Luna of our race. As time went on, more kinds of shifters were made, but none surpasses the original Alpha and Luna. Not only did the Luna Goddess have a soft spot for them, but so did the growing shifter world. They were royalty... Seeing the respect that they got, and trusting them to make sure the world runs smoothly, the Luna Goddess made sure that the original Alpha and Luna would return after death and carry on with their great work. They would return in a new body, with a new identity, finding their way back to each other no matter what. There was a catch, though. Whoever was the first to die in the prior life would have no memories of any of their previous lives. They might get flashes but would only remember once they were claimed with a bite from the other. Their eyes are the only outward sign of who they are. Similarly to the memories, the person who died first in the prior life would only get the change in appearance a couple of days after meeting their mate. They've had many names over the years, but their most recent ones are Heath and Trixie," he finishes, waiting for my reaction.

As the story went on, and I was confused as to why he was telling me, I came to realize the truth – that he was telling me because I was who he was talking about. It made sense. The 'dreams' and visions I had: they were flashes of past lives, the familiarity that I felt when I met Heath for the first time, and the changes in my body and wolf. It also explains why the Luna Goddess was so comfortable with me, and letting Heath have the chance to regain his title. I try and think of what to say, but the shock has my brain forming words but no sentence. Eventually I just decide to ignore addressing it directly and ask questions instead.

"You remember everything?" I ask slightly baffled.

"Yes. On the day that I was meant to accept the title, the necklace and charm bracelet that I returned to you, I first gave to you in 1893 and ever since, in some of our lives, I would add another charm to your bracelet."

"Have we always been royalty then? Doesn't that mean we are related to everyone in some way?"

"No, not always, but the Luna Goddess will make sure that at least once a couple of centuries we will be, to keep the world going in the right direction. We are not related to everyone because, as I said, there were more people created after us, but you could say we were related to some. However, technically our DNA is different so we're not. Also, in some of our past lives, we didn't always have the chance to have children..." he trails off when his tone gets angrier. There is obviously a story there. My mind goes to one of the main reasons I knew something was being kept from me.

"Do our past lives have to do with the orange flower?

He sighs, rubbing his hand over his face.

"Yes," he says leaving it at that. I stare at him expectantly, waiting for him to fill me in on what it means.

"And..." I say when he doesn't. He groans.

"For the first century or so, everyone was none the wiser about what was happening with us. We would die, and then get reborn. That was all there was to it, but slowly people began to realize. Most people were nonplussed by it, but there was a group of people who found it to be unfair, and set out to destroy us. They wanted the power we were given, and in every one of our lives, they would hunt us down. They thought that if were separated, or killed, before we were to mate, that the 'spell' would break. Of course, they're wrong. But that doesn't stop them from trying to interfere or cause pain to us. It's jealousy at its finest. The car running you off the road is a prime example of what lengths they will go to. They also locked us in the school as you know, and I'm sure that they wanted us to be found as wolves. The first time we ran into them, you were abducted, and I was too late to save you. When I got there, that orange flower was all that I found. Ever since, it has been a threat, and symbol of the group," he explains, his voice getting more pained as he talks. I bite my lip to stop the tears from seeping out.

"Why didn't you tell me all of this as soon as we met?" I ask. Everything I am hearing sounds insane, but part of me knows that it's all true. Even though I can't remember everything that has happened, that same part is glad that we're back together as I missed him.

"I didn't want to scare you off, but also I don't want you to want me because you feel you have to. I want you to like me for me. I will only mark you when you are ready to remember our past lives together." Even though he's probably seen me cry in the past, I jump up and rush to him, hugging him, hiding my face in the crook of his neck. His arms come around me in a comforting hug, something which feels natural. Before I can say anything, there is a knock on the door.

"Al- Sir, I have been sent to come and check on you," a male voice calls through the door.

Here you go! I hope you liked it!

The reason for the long wait between parts is because Hades' Daughter was published (which is insane and a dream come true!) If you want to go and buy it, you can find it on Amazon in paperback and ebook. Leave me a review if you do, telling me what you think! If you want to know more about the whole process and where you can find my website and Facebook check out the parts beginning with The Greatest Announcement Of All Time in Hades' Daughter!

I have also recently started a blog which is not to be confused with my author website/blog! If you guys want to go and check it out you can find it at: www.caffeinechocolateandbooks.com. Follow me there to get notifications whenever I post (it's going to be more personal with writing tips, recipes, book reviews, and blog-type posts). If you want to subscribe to my Author Blog the address is: charlotte-carol.awesomeauthors.org

So we know what Heath has been hiding. Was it what you were expecting?

What did you think?

What will happen next?

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, sharing, and following!

CC ;)