Chapter Fourteen - Not The Only Ones

"Okay, first off:" Peter says, clapping the volleyball in his hands. "can you catch?"

"Yes, Peter, of course I can-" I'm cut off by the ball hitting me right in my chest.

"Thanks for that." I say as he starts laughing. I chuckle and throw the ball up, bumping it towards him. He sets it back, and it goes on from there.

"You're pretty good," He says after about ten minutes of hitting the ball back and forth.

"Thanks." I say, feelings myself blush.

"Can you serve?"

"Ha, no." I laugh.

"Okay, let's work on that then." He says with a grin, taking the ball over to me.

"I mean I know how to do it. I just can't seem to do it right." I say.

"Try it," He says, handing the ball over. I take it, throw it up, and smack it, trying to aim it up and out. It goes up and falls at my feet.

"Okay. I'm very bad at serving." I say. He smiles and shrugs.

"You're really good at everything else, though. Okay, so you're going to through it up, and try not to smack it so hard this time. Throw it up a good amount, then hit it up and out." He then serves the ball perfectly. I laugh nervously and go to grab the ball, throwing it up and trying harder this time.

"Here, let me help." He chuckles. He stands close to me, his forearm brushing against mine. One hand holds the ball up in front of him, the other is ready to hit it.

"Almost like you're hitting it from under the ball. Do that, but hit it out."

It takes awhile for me to finally serve the ball. I'm getting kind of frustrated.

"Okay, one more time." I say. Peter smiles at me, and I throw it up and I serve it perfectly.

"There you go!" Peter exclaims.

"Finally," I laugh.

"Okay, let's go back over to the net and bump it back and forth."

"I didn't know Peter Parker was the sporty type." I smirk.

"Shut up," He chuckles, rolling his eyes.

~~~

"Again, thank you so much." I chuckle.

"Don't thank me, I had fun." Peter replies.

"So, how did your aunt react when she say how best up you were?" I ask.

"She was pretty mad," He chuckles as we walk out of the park. "I was lucky she even let me come here today."

"I'm sorry," I say, chuckling slightly.

"Don't be." He says, smiling at me. I bite my lip and playfully knock the volleyball out of his hands.

"Okay. Now you can be sorry." He teases before chucking the ball at me. I laugh as it slams into my stomach, and I bend down to pick it up and toss it back over to him. We exit he park together before splitting up and going our separate ways.

"Thanks, Peter!" I call.

"See you tomorrow!" He calls back. I grin and turn on my heel, walking back to my apartment.

~~~

"Peter Parker, huh?" My dad smirks as we eat dinner on the couch. It's six o'clock, the sun is setting, and I really don't want to go to school tomorrow. Atlas starts to whine and rests his head on my leg. This dog can be pathetic as can be when it comes to food.