Chapter Thirteen - Venom

"Wait...so you mean he ditched you." I conclude, looking at Ally.

"He didn't ditch me...he just left." She responds, lifting her mug of hot chocolate up to her lips.

"He ditched you, Ally." Harper says flatly. I nod.

"He didn't, I swear."

"Tell us the whole thing again." I say.

"Okay. So, he took me to the ice cream place and we ordered ice cream and sat down in a booth with his friends and whatever-"

"How come he always brings his friends around when he's with you?" Harper asks.

"Good point." I say. Ally rolls her eyes.

"Anyways, we were sitting in the booth and his friends sat with him and we were eating ice cream. Then, his phone buzzes and he checks it and says he has to leave. I still don't know why. He left me with his friends, that's all." She continues.

"Um, no, translation: he ditched you." I say.

"He didn't ditch me."

"Ally, he left you with his friends. What kind of boyfriend does that? Besides, even if..." Harper continues on as I hear the little bell ring, meaning somebody just opened the door. I turn to see who it is, and it's Emma.

"Wonderful." I mutter. She walks in with Stacy, the same girl who was with her the other day. Stacy flips her long, pretty blonde hair behind her shoulders and sets her elbow on the counter, ordering coffee with Emma.

"Just what we needed," Harper sighs.

"I think we're about done anyways," Harper continues. "We should go."

We all get up and throw the cups our drinks were in into the trash before leaving, then we exit the coffee shop and start down the street.

"Where's your bike?" Ally asks.

"At home. I've decided that it's too cold to ride in the morning." I reply.

"I agree," Harper adds.

"So, are we going to June's place, or Harper's?" Ally asks.

"June's place is closer." Harper says.

"My apartment it is, then." I say as the three of us walk down the street. I watch as the cars pass, not listening to Harper and Ally's chatter about the football team.

"Did you see that?" I ask suddenly, as I see something move in the alleyway just up ahead. Harper and Ally look at me questioningly.

"See what?"

"In the alleyway. I saw something move." I say.

"It's probably nothing," Harper says, then continues to follow me to the alleyway. The three of us stand there, looking at the end of the alley by the dumpster, in which a tall, muscular figure digs through. It makes very strange, indescribable noises, and it looks like it's wearing a black suit.

"What is that thing?" Ally murmurs. Harper stands on my right side and Ally stands on my left, leaving me in the middle. I swallow, hard, as my heart stops to pick up pace.

"We need to leave." I say, my hands starting to sweat. Just as I say that, the thing turns around. It's absolutely hideous, with big, round white eyes, and a horrible monstrous mouth with sharp looking yellow teeth. A long, slimy pink tongue slides out of his mouth. The end is forked, just like a snake's.

"What the hell..." Harper murmurs. My heart is pounding, and my blood has turned cold.

"Should we run?" Ally asks, her voice shaking.