Chapter One - Welcome to Queens

"I knew I shouldn't have stayed up that late," I grumble to myself as I quickly walk down the sidewalk of a particularly crowded street in Queens. "I knew I should have gone to sleep earlier," I continue muttering as I turn a sharp corner, crashing into a pedestrian carrying a cardboard drink tray carrying three cups of coffee. It's like everything slows down as the cups tip and spill everywhere as I crash into the person.

"Oh my god, I am so sorry." I say quickly, watching as the hot liquid seeps into the woman's very nice black pants. I look up at her, and she looks utterly disgusted and angry. I quickly look over to my right, seeing a table outside of some random cafe, thank god, and I grab a ton of napkins from the table. I turn back to the lady, and she's gone. I sigh and bend down to pick up the tray and the cups to throw them away, looking down at my coffee-stained jeans and my once white blouse.

"This is wonderful. This is great!" I continue muttering to myself as I power walk down the sidewalk, warning glances from almost every person I pass.

"Why didn't I take my bike?"

~~~

"Whoa...what happened?" One of my best friends laughs as I sit down in advisory. I was three minutes late, earning an unexcused tardy from Mrs. Campbell for being...three minutes late.

This is a wonderful day.

I take a deep breath and try not to shout at her. "I woke up late." I state. "And as I was walking here, I ran into some lady and spilled coffee all over her and myself."

"Why didn't you take your bike?" She asks.

"Because I'm an idiot."

"Oh. Yeah, that makes perfect sense now." She says, the faintest of grins on her face as she turns back around in her seat so she's facing Mrs. Campbell. That's Harper Parkins for you. She's sarcastic, dry, but also very sweet and loyal. She's smart, too, but she doesn't like to admit it.

I lean back in my seat, my eyes automatically falling onto the person seated in front of me. The one and only, Peter Parker. Both of my friends know I've had this stupid thing for him, and even though I never opened it up as a crush, they always refer to him as my crush anyways. I tear my gaze from his messy, curly brown hair and return to Harper, who's grinning at me mischievously.

"So," She starts as I turn to her. I sigh as she tucks her wavy blonde hair behind her ear, like she always does when she's excited. "I convinced Ally to bring us along on the decathlon field trip."

I roll my eyes with a sigh, smiling slightly. "Harper, how many times have I told you? We can't just ditch school."

"Why not?" Harper asks. I sigh once again, leaning back in my chair. "C'mon, Juniper. It'll be fun!"

"I don't know..."

"You should," Peter suddenly says, turning around in his seat with a smile on his face. I start to fiddle with my pencil nervously, glancing at Harper, who's smirking.

"See? You should. Peter's on the decathlon team." Harper chirps.

"I gathered that." I reply, and she stifles a laugh.

"Yeah, and if you're that nervous, you can have your parents write an excused note for you or something." Peter says. I nod slightly and glance at Harper nervously. I smile at Peter, and he returns it as he turns around.

Peter Parker.

Author's Note
Hey lovelies! This is my first time posting a story on here...and my first time having a wattpad account in general, haha. I've been writing for awhile and decided to make one, so, here we are! Please let me know down in the comments if I made any mistakes that bug you, and I'll get to them right away. I hope you enjoy this story! It'll have multiple chapters, and I'm super excited to get it going!
(If you're completely lost, this is a spider-man fanfiction. Haha)