The careless genius

Blueish green eyes, shaggy hair casually spread over his timid head. The wind often used to play a soothing music from them when he ran towards the ball before someone else would possess it before him. Something, he always hated!

Perhaps, his over weighted body lowered his speed most of the time or maybe it was the wind blowing in opposite direction was culprit behind. Whatever it was, he would always be so sure that only a bit more strength in his next attempt will get him her possession.

After the game, his friends would often taunt, "After all the women have rejected you. Try proposing a football. Since both of you roll on the grass the same way, I see a chance". Holding the burning desire to hit them in their face, he would still reason with himself and control.

There is so little the appearance can tell about a person. At least, that was what he believed. For him, world was a place to explore. And nothing could stop him from doing that. He loved the way he thought. Unlike everyone else, he could inspire himself! Another rare skill he was proud of. In spite of the bitter experiences, he would carve the best for himself. This gave him power. The power of freedom. That's what made him different. That's what made him independent. That's what made him love himself.

He was so free that nobody could restraint him, not even his shoelaces! Undoubtedly, he fell more often than others. But then, there is a price for everything. And when it comes to balancing, freedom is among the most extravagant luxuries. He was ready to pay the price.

No one called him by his name, but still, he had one. Rick.