Don't think, Feel

Warning, part of this chapter gets steamy.

***

So dark, why is it so dark? "Hello child" Voices call to me, i try to see where they are coming from. "Who's there? I shout out.

"Why? " They ask me, why what? "He needs you, he loves you. Yet you abandoned him"

"WHO? WHO HAVE I ABANDONED? " I demand. "Return to him"

Nothing, there is nothing.

***

I didn't want to go in today, my heart pounded as i drove to work. Yeah Mr Knight was kind enough to drop it off for me.

I pulled up at my spot outside the offices and killed the engine, my knuckles went white as i gripped the steering wheel tightly.

How was i supposed to do this? I knew i only had two weeks before Michelle came back. But damn it was going to be a long two weeks. I had decided to hand in my notice and leave. Yeah jobs were hard to come by, but i had enough money to last a couple of months. I sighed and climbed out of the car, making my way to the building.

As i entered the office and noticed Mr Knights blinds up on his door. It was a little quirk of his, if they were closed he was either out or did not want to be disturbed.

I sighed and went into the kitchenette to make his coffee, i was hoping he wasn't in yet, giving me time to prepare myself.

Taking a few calming breaths i turned to go to his offfice, without knocking i walked inside only to find the guy who had been here before inside. "Oh, i'm sorry Mr Knight" I appologised "I didn't realise you were busy" I placed the mug on his desk and turned to his visitor "May i get you something to drink?" I went for profesional when inside it felt like i had been stabbed repeatedly. "It's ok Lukas, Issac was just leaving" Mr Knight answered for him. Issac nodded before turning to him. I just nodded and left the office returning to my desk.

A few more minutes and Issac left the office, i watched as he made his way to the door before changing his mind and making his way over to me. I looked up as he sat on the edge of the desk "You know, you interest me" He said in his over the top voice. "I know we can have more than one mate, but i never thought i would see it happen with a human" I frowned, lookling at him confussed. Issac smiled "It has been known when a vampire losses their mate that another one comes along. Very rare, but usually for a reason. Looks like you have another chance at being happy" He turned to look at Mr Knights office "I don't know what happened to your mate, but don't let it destroy what happiness you could have" He turned back to me "Even Knight deserves someone. Are you willing to let him suffer for your past?" 

Before i could even think of an answer he got up and left. I sat there unmoving, my mind in turmoil. A second mate? Why would i have another one? I sure as hell didn't deserve it after what i had done. I shook my head, hell i didn't deserve to exsist.

How the hell could i keep my promise to Daniel if i had another mate? I sighed and looked towards the office. The only person i could talk to about this is the one that's causing all of it. 

"Lucas could you come in here please" Mr Knights voice came through the intercom. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Pushing myself from the desk i got up and went to see what he wanted.

Mr Knight was stood over his desk looking at something, his looked up at me when i entered. "I could use your head here, i know it's not what you do, but we have to get the flat in london repaired. You've had some pretty good ideas on designs and i wondered if you would take a look?" I frowned and made my way over, staying my side of the desk. The blue prints for the flat were on the desk as well as the photos he had taken. I looked down to see that it was basically a square with a large enterance and three rooms leading from each wall. The living room was on the right of the enterance, the kitchen was next to it and a bedroom with an ensuite was to the left. i turned the drawing round. "What exactly are you planning?" I asked looking down. "Complete remodeling, the walls to the rooms can be removed if we wish. I was thinking about another room, the ones they already have are too large" He said pointing to the dimensions and i nodded grabbing a pencil. I noted that the door was next to the wall by bedroom. "What about plumbing and electrics?"  "Ground floor so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. The contactors said they could move it if need be, though it may cause some problems with other tenants" I nodded "Is it just the flat or the building you own?" I asked, ideas running through my head. Mr Knight frowned "The whole building, why?" I gave a small smile. "Then offer the tenants another place to stay while we do the work, that will solve the problems of disturbance and you can work whenever you want without complaints" Mr Knight looked thoughtful before smiling. "The new flats are ready" He murmured "We could move them there i suppose" I nodded "Once the work is done then offer them the choice of either moving back or staying. I know they are cheaper than these ones so some might take that offer, it will give you the chance to find higher payers for these ones" Mr Knight nodded. "As for this, who the hell designed it?" I asked, he just shrugged.