A favour

Two months i've been working at Knights Properties, and i,ve enjoyes every minute of it. My boss Mr Every was a forty something male. he stood well below my 6'1 at around 5'5 with balding blonde hair and sporting a large belly.

He was nice enough at first until the day he asked me if i was seeing anyone, turns out Mr Every is a bit of a homophobe. But i wasn't going to let it get to me, homophopia wasn't tolorated here, in fact any kind of phobia or racism was dealt with severly. And he couldn't complain about my work because acording to Michelle it was excelent.

Ah Michelle. A five foot nothing woman with short black hair that framed her face. Her slim model like body and green eyes made her absolutly stunning. And to top it of she was nearly forty, i have to admit i thought she was younger. She was secertary to the famous Mr Knight.

"There you are sweety" Speak of the devil, i smiled "What you up to?" I turned my attention to her, she was wearing black trousers today with a light green short sleeved blouse. "Just getting things ready for Mr Everys trip. He's leaving monday to have a look at the properties in portugal and will be gone for a month" Michelle nodded "Yeah i know" She didn't sound too pleased "Look can we have lunch? I really need a big favour?" I looked at my watch to see it was half twelve already, a quick look at my desk told me i had nearly everything ready. I nodded and picked up the phone. "Mr Every? I just wanted to tell you i was going for lunch" I said as soon as he answered "And the arrangements for my trip?" He asked "All done i just have to book your car" I heard him huff down the phone "Fine just send me the details when your done" With that he hung up. I grabbed my jacket and we headed to the cafe down the road.

"Oh wow i just love the food here" Michelle was grinning as we entered the cafe. It was nothing special, a typical greasy spoons cafe. But the fatty sandwiches and fried food was delicious and to die for. "You always say that" I pointed out "Yeah but considering i love my salads and healthy foods, it's nice to let go once in a while" In fact the only time she ate greasy food was once a week in this little cafe, Michelle was more of a cook it at home person.

We sat down and ordered our food, our favorite a bacon, sausage, egg, mushroom and tomatoe sandwich. "So how are things with lover boy?" She asked. Yeah she knew about Daniel, kind of. I sighed and just looked at her. "Michelle we've know each other really well right?" Michelle nodded and frowned "If i tell you something promise you won't judge me?" I begged "Of course sweety, we're friends" I took a deep breath and told her about Daniel, how we met, the things we used to do. I showed her the ring, which i still wore, that i was going to give him. I sat there and told her everything "Oh sweety" She said grabbing my trembling hands "Look at me" I Did as i was told. Michelle grabbed a napkin and wiped my tears "Now you listen to me, what happened wasn't your fault. This Daniel was just a scared little kid. It happens, you did not kill him ok? You didn't hold the blade to his wrists, he did this himself" "I told him to do it" I muttered. "I've had people say things like that to me. Believe it or not i was a fat little girl" My head snapped up "Exactly, kids used to tell me to jump off a bridge, kill myself. All sorts of things, but i was strong enough to get through it. Now look at me" She said opening her arms and i couldn't help but laugh. "But now i can't help but wonder, why do you tell people you are going out with him?" "He was my soulmate" I Smiled sadly "I knew it the day i was going to give him the ring. When i had finally grieved i though i would get over him, but i can't. I have tried, even dated a guy once in college" I chuckled "I couldn't even kiss him, i kept getting this gut feeling i was cheating on him. My mum told me for us it was normal. My dad was her soulmate and the thought of dating made her feel sick. Maybe it's a Wade thing" Michelle said nothing for a minute "Wow. I hope i can find love like that" She finally said. We continued eating our sandwiches until it was time to leave. "You said you had a favour to ask" I reminded her "Oh yeah" She really didn't sound happy "Mr Knight has instructed me to go to portugal with Every and i need to find someone to hold my desk for me. Please Lucas, would you be a lifesaver for me?" My eyes were wide open "Me? But i wouldn't know what to do" I squeaked, the thought of trying to do her job frightened me. The propeties were way more expensive than the ones Mr Every and I delt with. "Lucas honestly it's exactly the same thing and to be honest if it wasn't for you Every would have cost us alot of money by now. You know what you're doing, you're the only one i can trust on this" I shook my head "What does Mr Knight say about this" It was no secret that he only liked Michelle working for him "He trusts me to choose the right person. Come on Lucas please. Think about it this way Every is away so there won't be much for you to do. It would be a great job oppertunity for you. A bit of experience that you can gain if you decide to climb the ladder" Damnit she was right. "How about i do it because you plan on going to your rental home for the weekend after you come back and intend to take your friend with you?" I loved her rental house, it was up in the hills with no one for miles. So quiet and peaceful. "Deal" She said shaking my hand "Now don't go mad at me" She said sheepishly "But Mr Knight only decided today about me going so made alternative plans" I knew it. Everything i had booked this morning was a waste of time. She pulled a wad of paper out of her bag and handed it to me. "I'm really sorry about that i did tell him you had been sorting out Every. But Mr Knight wants everything done his way" She shrugged. I looked at the sheet and gasped, she wasn't joking. I had only booked Every into one hotel, here there was three. "So we don't have to waste time travelling" She told me.

That made sense i suppose.

"Fine so tell me what I'll be doing till you get back" Michelle smiled and showed me everything.