Finding out the truth

I walked into my flat grateful that the week was over. one down three to go.

Mr Knight was as real pain in the ass to work under and after yesterday he was worse. I was sorely tempted to tell him today where to shove his job.

I thought back to earlier and what happened,

"Hey" A voice called out making me look up. A small guy about nineteen twenty stood in front of me. "Is Knight in?" He asked. I looked the kid over, he had bright green skinnies on and a white T-shirt from what i could see from my side of the desk. His blonde hair was quite long for a guy reaching his shoulders. "Um may i ask who is enquiring?" I asked "Ooh tell him Issac is here" He smiled. He was cute, but nowhere near as cute as Daniel. I buzzed through "An Issac is here to see you" I informed Mr Knight.

The next thing i knew his door flew open, "What are you doing here Issac?" He demanded, Issac just skipped up to him "I missed you" He pouted "You haven't been round in days" He put his hands on his chest. I noticed Mr Knight eyes quickly look at me before returning to Issac. "And what makes you think i haven't found who i'm looking for?" His voice teased. "Aww, don't be like that. If you have i can leave" Mr Knight chuckled and grabbed Issacs hands. "I'm joking, come in here" He became serious. "Olivers hold my calls" He said dragging Issac into his office and slamming the door shut.

I continued to stare at the door wondering what that was all about. I had never seen Mr Knight smile never mind laugh. A feeling of jealousy hit me, hard. And i stamped it down 'I am Daniels' I had to remind myself. A noise suddenly broke through my ears and i turned to the doors again, trying to work out what it was. "Ohh, urgh" I whined, getting up and going to the small kitchenette. Serious? Sex in the office? He could have told me to take a walk. Again that feeling of jealousy rolled over me. God i can't wait for Michelle to get back and get away from him.

That had been the hardest part of my week for sure. I shouldn't be getting feelings for anyone, especially him. Even if Daniel wasn't involved i wouldn't touch him. But Daniel was involved and i could never date again. Not that i minded, it was just with what happened this week, it was making it difficult to keep my promise.

I jumped out of the shower and wondered what i was going to do with myself, just as a banging started on my door. I quickly pulled some sweat pants on and rushed to the door.

"Hey man" My friend Dave greeted me as i opened the door. Dave and his wife Jessica had been friends with me since school, they were the only ones to stand by me after Daniel.

They had everything they wanted except for one, Jessica was barren. That news had nearly torn them apart, they had both wanted kids desperately. But in the end their relationship became stronger.

I eyed them wearily, Dave was wearing black dress trousers with a white T-shirt and black denim jacket, Jessica was wearing a short dark blue dress with black heeled boots.

"Ok so what's the occasion?" I asked waving at them. "We are going out" Jessica told me and i knew by the tone of her voice that we included me.

"But Jess" I whined "Don't Jess me mister, it's been weeks since you last went out. And you really look like you could do with a drink" I guess she was right about that. "And i promise not to interfere like last time" I sighed and turned to Dave "I don't have a choice do i?" Dave just smiled at me. "Fine give me five minutes" I surrendered, walking to my room.

I threw on an all black outfit, jeans, T-shirt, leather jacket and Doc Martin boots. Grabbing some gel i messed up my short brown hair.

"Come on cinderella, the balls about to start" Jessica yelled and i laughed leaving the room.