Will he lose her...?

Chapter 6

MightyClaw walked in the forest, looking for fresh-kill. He came across a fresh-kill covered in dirt... but it had a strong sent of DarkClan on it. The 5 clans were LightningClan, his clan with CloverStar as the leader, then WaterClan with MouseStar as the leader, then DarkClan, with PreyingStar as the leader, then AirClan with LostStar as the leader. DarkClan was on the right side of Lightning clan, while WindClan was on the left side. AirClan was to the left of WindClan while LightningClan was on the right.  WindClan was to the right of AirClan while Darkclan was to the left. Each clan together formed an almost circle. They all had a smell, each of them different. MightyClaw walked around carefully, he knew someone from DarkClan had tried to catch something. Suddenly he stopped as he heard the movement of bushes behind him. He twirled around to see BigClaw behind him from DarkClan, he was the deputy... or the next in line to become the leader if they died. The leader had nine lives... so they saw people die and die and die without dying themselves. MoonClan makes them go to HighRocks in order to speak with the leader or a deputy who needs to become the leader. No one is sure what happens when they go to HighRocks but the leaders... but the medicine cats also go to the HighRocks when a medicine cat apprentice is going to become the medicine cat. MightyClaw and BigClaw make eye contact. 

"What are you doing in LightningClan territory?" MightyClaw asked with a sneering hiss

"What are you doing in LightningClan territory?" MightyClaw asked with a sneering hiss. BigClaw dropped the mouse and meowed, "Just taking back what LIGHTNING CAN owes them." He ended with a hiss as well. "Why do we owe you?" He hissed back as he stepped closer. "Because during leaf-bare we gave you fresh-kill moons ago... your pray was short and DarkClan stepped in to feed you all... but we gave you and NightStorm all the credit.." BigClaw hissed. MightyClaw stepped back... it was true.

~~~~~~~~~FLASH BACK~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 MightyClaw walked the forest with NightStorm. The snow up to the top of their paws. Prey was short and some cats weren't eating properly. MightyClaw and NightStorm tried to hunt for a while, but only caught a squirrel. Meanwhile... on DarkClan territory... they saw prey everywhere. DarkClan was covered by big trees that held the snow off them for most of leaf-bare, then dripped of water for them to drink. Most prey didn't even realize it was leaf-bare on their territory. MightyClaw stopped and looked over to see BigClaw and his apprentice training, Missingpaw. Missingpaw had got stuck in a thorn bush as a kit... losing his paw on his back leg from it. He was still a good apprentice non the less... but he was more fit out to be a medicine cat... every cat could agree with that. "BigClaw!" NightStorm shouted as he scared MightyClaw. BigClaw and Missingpaw looked over at them. "Hello." They both said, but Missingpaw said it in a happier tone. "What is it?" BigClaw asked, looking around to see no other cat. "Would you mind... sharing some prey with us?" MightyClaw asked slowly but still loud so they could hear it. They both stepped back in shock. "Y-Your prey... it is well fed and you have an overload of them... it wouldn't hurt to just give... a little..?" NightStorm said as MightyClaw got ready for battle. "Alright then," BigClaw said as he walked over to the border and pushed over a plump vole and a plumper pigeon. "Thank you BigClaw." MightyClaw said, bowing his head. "Your welcome, but I will not forget this... you owe DarkClan for that prey..." BigClaw said as he turned around and walked off, helping Missingpaw as he followed close to his side. 

~~~~~~~~~CURRENT TIMING~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  MightyClaw remembered... if only they didn't take the prey. But one mouse couldn't hurt the clan... right? Suddenly BigFoot grabbed a vole from in a bush that was watching and ended it. "This will do." He sneered as he walked back into Darkclan territory. MightyClaw saw him wash the fresh-kill in water so the LightningClan sent was off it. MightyClaw picked up his fresh-kill on the way back and put it in the fresh-kill pile. Suddenly, someone from the forest screamed, "BADGER!! IT GOT KITTYHEART!!" MightyClaw's ears pricked into the forest as he saw the clan deputy, MuddyFoot, run out with wide eyes. MightyClaw ran past him. If he... no.. he couldn't... Will he lose her to a badger..?