He nodded, giving our address to the driver at the same time. “Usually,”

“How do you guys even do anything then? That could be kind of annoying...” I said, thrusting my bangs off to the side.

“Usually, we don’t mind that much.” he said, throwing his arm over me to pull me closer. “It’s the, erm, rumors that really get on my nerves.”

“People make up rumors about you guys?”

Niall boomed with laughter before answering me. “Practically every day.”

I didn’t respond, leaving the rest of the cab ride in a comfortable silence. Rain started to pool from the sky just as we reached our endpoint. I grimaced, hoping that some miracle would occur, allowing my makeup to magically stay in place.

Our lunch destination was surprisingly crowded for a rainy day. There were only a few open tables, and the line strained around the entire shop. Niall and I shared nervous glances.

“Louis told me this shop has by far the best subs around, but we could always go somewhere else if you’d like.” He ruffled his dishevelled, wet blonde hair.

I glanced outside at the people sprinting to their car, trying to avoid the sopping rain. “I don’t really want to go back out there.” I said, biting my lip.

“Neither do I,” he admitted, chortling. “Are you okay with waiting in line?”

Chewing on my lip, I checked my watch. It was about quarter after 12, and I’d calculated I’d need to part ways with Niall at 1:30 or 1:45 to fully prepare myself for my evening with Morgan.

“Yeah, sure.” I concluded, nodding at Niall cautiously. “Do you know where the bathroom is?”

“Down the hall, on the right.” he said, pointing the way.

I mumbled a quick thank you, before heading down the dim hallway. I frowned as I noticed the tiny bathroom appeared to be packed with people. Women were uncomfortably lined up, waiting for a stall to become unoccupied. I pulled out my purse and fished out my compactable mirror.