Chapter Seventeen

In the days ensuing our odd yet unquestionably pleasurable dinner, the boys practically became a part in Morgan and I’s daily routine. Often at least one of them would accompany Morgan and I on our bouts around Toronto.

Twelve hours hadn’t passed since the dinner before Niall called me again to ask what our plans were for the day. Morgan and I hadn’t really prearranged anything but Morgan urged me to visit to the CN Tower with him. I indulged her request and Niall accepted eagerly, agreeing to meet with us in about an hour. He’d never visited the CN Tower before, and I was secretly pleased I’d get to be with him for his first time.

Ceasing my obvious thrill for spending another day with Niall was a wave of guilt. I’d been spending a lot of time with Niall lately, and not as much time with Morgan as I usually did. I always asked her at least three times before I was reassured that she wasn’t falsifying her joy for Niall and I’s relationship.

I fell into shock when I saw Niall striding towards us, accompanied by two other boys. All three of them had hoods partially covering their faces—probably to shield them from the paparazzi. I nearly stopped dead in my tracks once I saw that it was Louis and Harry; my manners just barely keeping me from asking why they were here.

Louis and Harry’s presences were explained when Niall cited they’d asked to tag along. Morgan was absolutely ecstatic about the addition. She’d adored the boys’ humor and swooned over how attractive they both were. She couldn’t understand my distaste for Louis and Harry’s sexual jokes. She’d found comfort that it wasn’t just her trying to embarrass me all of them time—especially when I was with Niall.

Niall greeted me with an endearing kiss on the lips, causing Harry, Louis, and Morgan all to raise their eyebrows at me seductively. I rolled my eyes, knowing that my blush was fully visible. I knew that this would be one interesting afternoon. Harry and Louis then pulled me in for a hug and I felt an impulse to kick both of them in the crotch, but I knew now was neither the time nor place for revenge.

The half hour drive to the CN Tower wasn’t nearly as awkward as I’d imagined it to be. Louis and Harry were at least trying to hold back their uncontrollable jokes knowing my sister was around. Morgan usually strayed on the topic of the tower and Niall seemed content to spend the drive massaging my shoulders and looking out the windows at the passing buildings. I used the quiet opportunity to study the plains of Niall’s muscled face, and continue my boundless discussion of whether seeing Niall was a smart idea or not.

I still had some doubts with what I was unintelligently doing. Even though I’d agreed to start dating him, the faults in my decision stood plainly in front of me. When Niall leaves, I didn’t know if I could handle only having digital conversations. I winced as I thought about all of the women who would be throwing themselves at him. Surely the long distance would weaken our relationship; would he forget about me?