Chapter Two

After Niall had left me enthralled outside of my apartment, it had taken me a while to compose myself enough to walk into my apartment. Even then I’d sat on my bed for a solid 15 minutes, contemplating on whether I should accept his offer or not.

                As soon as I’d almost made my decision to go out with him, the negatives of meeting up with a total stranger flashed into my mind. Every logical piece of my brain was telling me to stay away. I’d always been taught to avoid danger, and Niall might as well have had a red light flashing above his head.

“What are you doing?” Morgan asked, after barging into my room. I had my head between my knees and my eyes shut, trying to shake away the world around me.

“Stretching. Good for the soul, you know.”  I said sarcastically, winking at her as she rolled her eyes. Then she asked the question I’d been waiting for: “Where were you practically all morning? I looked in the coffee shop and you weren’t there...” She ruffled her eyebrows in confusion.

“Sorry about that.” I bit my lip.

“Ness, what’s going on? You never hide things from me.” I felt the heat rise to my cheeks. “And you aren’t exactly skilled in lying, so spill.” she ordered. I sighed. She was right; I couldn’t tell a lie to save my life.

“Well, I woke up early as usual. However, I think this time I must have woken up too quickly, because I fainted right on the sidewalk and—”

“Oh my god, Vanessa are you okay? Was it serious? Did someone at least help you?” My sister shot me a tortured look.

“Actually, this one lovely boy helped me up and brought me back to his apartment so I could recover. No need to worry, it was nothing serious. I should just learn to be more careful with my blood sugar, that’s all.”

“I’m so glad you’re okay.” She braced me in a tight, passionate hug. After she let me go, I stiffened my body. I didn’t even have to look at her to tell she was eyeing me down.

“What?” I asked nervously.

“Mind enlightening me on what boy’s apartment you attended alone this morning?” she accused.