I knocked on the door, but received no answer. I opened it slightly, and called her name but she was nowhere to be found. “She isn’t here. She must have gone out for something.” I said, slightly troubled by my sister’s unknown location.

“I’m sure she’s fine,” Niall said, accompanied by a reassuring smile. “Ready?” he asked, biting his lip charmingly.

“Almost,” I said, scribbling down a note for Morgan on a pad of paper. I told her where I was, and how excited I was for tonight. After slapping it on the counter I was ready. “Good to go,” I said, grinning.

“Brilliant,” he said, holding out his hand for me to hold.

- - -

Whenever I was with Niall, all of my built up tension seemed to be released somehow. I clutched his hand tightly in mine, never wanting to let it go. I strained my neck to send a smile his way. Unfortunately, my cautious nature came back out in full force once we stepped out of my flat.

A cluster of eager teenage girls were standing, flailing their arms, about 25 feet away. I clenched my fist as I heard an assembly of screams, giving me the urge to grunt in frustration.

I quickly dropped Niall’s hand, before the teens could catch anything other than their idol’s face. I saw a wave of hurt flash over his face, but he covered it up quickly.  He turned to face me, flashing me a look of sympathy. I shrugged it off.

“I’ll go get a cab,” I said, splitting off with Niall as he went to go meet to girls.

I could tell he really loved meeting with his fans; he really was a compassionate and caring person. I caught glimpses of the conversation; the questions were mostly about the location of the other boys, and what he’d been up to lately. I felt particularly pleased when none of them had noticed my presence, or had asked about me.

He jogged back over to me, struggling to hold his pants up. “Sorry Ness,” I allowed myself to blush at his use of my nickname. It seemed to roll off his tongue so comfortably now. “I knew they’d find me eventually.”

I slid into the cab. “Do they usually find out where you guys are?”