4

Author's Note: There are a lot of texts in this chapter, so I will end the texts with their initials in parenthesis. Hopefully it will be easy to distinguish on who is texting. :)

"Sing" - Sounds Under Radio

January 2013

Nikki was laughing hysterically making snow angels with her absolute best friend in the entire world, Adele. It was the beginning of January and a fresh blanket of snow had just fallen in London.

"Oh shit now I can't bloody get up!" Adele laughs and starts rolling around.

"You're ridiculous!" Nikki laughs, her cheeks rosy from the bite of winter.

Adele rolls into Nikki.

"Might as well have a little cuddle, then." She laughs again as you both just lay there in the snow.

"Hey Blue...?" Nikki always called Adele by one of her middle names.

"Hm?"

"Is it possible to have feelings for someone you've never actually spoken to?"

Adele sat up and turned to look at Nikki. "Are ya finally getting over that Ville fucker bollocks sack of shit?"

Nikki smiled at all of her endearing words for her Ex boyfriend. They were beautiful really...

"I don't know...I have this weird connection with someone. It's like we have this weird pull towards each other in person and we don't need words...well besides music. We recently started texting, but I kind of feel bad because he is dating one of my friends but it's not like we are being inappropriate...." Nikki was talking a mile-a-minute but Adele was her best mate and heard every word.

"Sounds like you guys need to fuck and fuck HARD."

"Ugh it's not like that. I don't think..." Nikki slapped her hand to her face in agony.

"Who is this mystery lad then?" Adele crossed her arms.

Nikki didn't keep secrets from her best friend, no matter how embarrassing.

"Harry—"

"Oh my gawd! Prince Harry?!?!" Adele looked genuinely shocked and Nikki sat up annoyed.

"Blue, no! Harry...Styles." I looked down afraid to see her reaction.

"He's younger...but ok..he's like a bubblier cute version of your ex, no?"

"He's like the opposite of Ville! He's younger yes, but Taylor is dating him and she's 5 years older than him. Before that he had someone 14 years older..." Nikki defended.

"All I am getting is that he is a young man whore, but give it a ride and see where it takes ya." Adele laughs as Nikki checks her phone.

"Oh..." Nikki's eyebrows furrowed.

"Trouble in paradise already?" Adele mused.

"Harry and Taylor broke up."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taylor was a sobbing mess on the phone. Nikki bit her tongue waiting for her to finish. They were together for less than 3 months and it didn't work out. He was young and new to the media onslaught with his life. Nikki didn't want to defend him because maybe he was in the wrong, but Taylor could be a bit obsessive and she liked the attention.